A&H

Shut Up

JH

RefChat Addict
Billericay Town Owner upset that referee told his players to shut up.

Now obviously that isn't the best practice by the referee.

But the thing that makes me laugh is how he feels so 'ill-treated' and offended. Meanwhile I bet his players called the referee every name under the sun. Can't imagine him being upset about that...

The Referee Store
Good old Glenn Tamplin, he certainly adds a bit of spice and entertainment to the non-league game.

I refereed Billericay several times during my time as a L3, and I would say they were the most difficult team I had to referee. Big physical team, direct football, a manager who could get very angry, and a very vociferous home support. May have all changed since Tamplin came in as owner and Craig Edwards left as manager, but I very much doubt they are all angels who don't say things worse than "shut up" to the referee.

I'll admit to having told players to shut up, not very often but sometimes I've felt it was the best management technique, the alternative being he won't finish the game. Reading between the lines here Billericay have lost, Tamplin has torn into them after the game, and the players have blamed the referee for upsetting them and putting them off.

Back