A&H

Shirt Badges

AJPRef95

When you need to wear County FA Badges (or any other temporary badge) how does everyone stick it on the shirt without it constantly falling off?

I've tried safety pins (although can never get the badge level!), and a Velcro patch (edges start to peel away). Can anyone recommend a good sticky-back tape solution?
I've also noticed you can get iron-on badges but these look like permanent fixtures on the shirt.

The Referee Store
In my county we wear the CFA badge all the time, and I don't do any leagues or competitions where I need to wear another badge, so I've never tried this, however people swear by carpet tape.

When you need to wear County FA Badges (or any other temporary badge) how does everyone stick it on the shirt without it constantly falling off?

I've tried safety pins (although can never get the badge level!), and a Velcro patch (edges start to peel away). Can anyone recommend a good sticky-back tape solution?
I've also noticed you can get iron-on badges but these look like permanent fixtures on the shirt.

Most of my middles require a county FA badge, but the supply league lines require the League badge.

I have Velcro sewn onto my shirts and on to my badges (fuzzy side on shirts, hard side on badges) and that's worked a treat for me. I believe its a bit of a pain to do, however I have a Mother in Law who is amazing at sewing so she does it for me.

She might be a little upset this season as I've managed to lose quite a bit of weight over the past few months so I'm likely to have to get a few smaller sized shirts, so she'll have to do those in one lot!

Was using wonder web but the badges just fell off in the wash. Mother in law has just sown them on for me but it doesn’t look great so I’ll be taking it to a dry cleaners or something to get them sown on properly.

Was considering gorilla glue at one point...try it out and let us know how it works 👍🏻😉

Double sided carpet tape or gorilla tape will do the job for you

Double sided carpet tape or gorilla tape will do the job for you

Yeah, that's what I used, or similar brands, when I had an FA appointment. Three strips of the tape horizontally across the county badge, then stick it over the top of the FAMOA badge. Don't ever recall it falling off.

Back