A&H

Shalke keeper red card

deusex

RefChat Addict

4 game ban!!!!! Should have been 15!
I challenge you to find me a more dangerous tackle in 2019.
What on earth were the German FA thinking?

Last edited:
The Referee Store
I would say, 'the gk used excessive force in a manner which exceeded that necessary, endangering the safety of an opponent and was sent off as such"
Total disregard for safety, albeit in the act of competing for the ball
SFP, aggravated by severity; 4 games about what I'd expect

I would say, 'the gk used excessive force in a manner which exceeded that necessary, endangering the safety of an opponent and was sent off as such"
Total disregard for safety, albeit in the act of competing for the ball
SFP, aggravated by severity; 4 games about what I'd expect

In that case the Ben Thatcher challenge a few years back is only a 4 game ban.
Ball was there to be won after all.

Not sure why the ref was letting him hang around on the pitch to check if his victim was ok. Red card, cheerio, get back to the changing room

It gets worse the more view you see it from the different angles, thats a red back in the seventies and should be a long rest today!!

Not sure why the ref was letting him hang around on the pitch to check if his victim was ok. Red card, cheerio, get back to the changing room

I basically agree with you, but I think VAR has slowed down the quick chase off the field a bit. Not that this one had a snowball's chance in hell of being reversed.

TBH no one was kicking off, keeper knows he’s ****ed up. Ref doesn’t need to be aggy with it. No concern with it boiling over really. All under control.

Harald Schumacher, remains the most disgraceful thing I have seen on a football pitch.
Referee gave a goal kick...

Last edited:
So VC and SFP broadly differ depending on whether the ball is in play and a challenge is made
I've argued that contact with the referee should be formally classified. Equally, SFP does not cater particularly well for 'challenges' which are clearly motivated to cause harm to an opponent
WRT to the OP, I'm not necessarily saying that I agree with 4 games, but I'm not surprised by it. On what basis would the Association increase the sanction further? They must have a fixed criteria

Back