A&H

Semi-Final Appointment

YorkshireReferee

Been appointed to a Sunday League Semi-Final in the middle with NAR's tomorrow. Last Sunday was my first game in 18 months, out of shape and working hard to get back to where I was when I stopped, appointment secretary knows my situation. I'd like to think my reputation precedes me but I know it's probably that most officials turned it down! This will be interesting!

The Referee Store
Doesn't matter how you get them! Enjoy it!

As ungrateful as it sounds I'd rather not have it because I don't see how it's fair on the other league officials. I'm sure there are many more deserving referees in the league that have refereed all season for them and they've not got a Semi-Final. I've moved to the area, done 1 game and then got a Semi-Final. I've done the whole League/District/County Semi-Final/Final stuff many times so I just hope people haven't been overlooked.

Ah, at first I thought you got assigned the line, so was going to say enjoy the practice with the sprints etc!

2nd game of the season? Oof, I don't envy you. I came back this season after a four year lay-off and it is so tough. I'm heavier and older and my legs just don't work the way I want them to anymore! Frustrating to say the least.

But since you have the fixture, best thing to do is to enjoy it. Make it a good day out for the referee's team. :D

For the benefit of those such as a certain individual who didn't get it. The comment about my reputation preceding me was sarcastic hence why I went on to say it's probably not that :wall:

Back