A&H

Secondary Ref Kit Colour

Reffing4Life

Level 7 Referee
Hello everyone!

I’ve got a black referee top currently and I notice there is no set colour for an alternative referee top.

I’m looking to buy another top just in case I ever need a different colour for whatever reason.

Any recommendations as to which colour would be most appropriate please?

The Referee Store
Check with your county as they may not have approved an alternative colour, and if they have only one specific colour will be permitted.

Check with your county as they may not have approved an alternative colour, and if they have only one specific colour will be permitted.
Not necessarily - for example Dorset decided to give the individual leagues it sanctions the choice of whether to introduce other colours for the match officials or not... as it happens, the only league who did so was the Women's League (as I was the league secretary :p), and referees could wear any colour they wished.

Not necessarily - for example Dorset decided to give the individual leagues it sanctions the choice of whether to introduce other colours for the match officials or not... as it happens, the only league who did so was the Women's League (as I was the league secretary :p), and referees could wear any colour they wished.

Not saying it hasn't happened, but the FA communication to counties was very clear that they could choose whether to allow a colour other than black, but only one colour could be nominated.

Hello everyone!

I’ve got a black referee top currently and I notice there is no set colour for an alternative referee top.

I’m looking to buy another top just in case I ever need a different colour for whatever reason.

Any recommendations as to which colour would be most appropriate please?
You should not need an alternative colour as most competition rules dictate that teams must not wear black/predominantly black shirts.
As Rusty Ref has said, if your county allow an alternative for refs they should specify the one acceptable alternative colour.

Back