A&H

School County FA Cup Final...

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Got a very surprising email telling me that I’ve been chosen to to officiate in some of our County’s FA School Cup Finals. Really wasn’t expecting it as I’ve been appointed to a line in a youth league cup final too.

If I’m middle, what should I expect from school games? I presume they’re usually well behaved but being a cup final, I’m not sure it’ll be like that. The ages are boys and girls U12-16 and I don’t know which ones I’ll be doing.

The Referee Store
No reason whatsoever to assume good behaviour. I heard bad things about a final played at Watford FC last year in which the ref let things slip

Ref your school games as you would any other game. Enjoy being called sir rather than ref. last years u18s school final 3 red cards in my area. I have boooked in every school game I have done this season. And congrats and enjoy

I've done a school game before, worst game I've had and I assumed it would be easy. One team and manager were own my back from the get go, don't assume anything and approach it as you would any other game

Oh wow, I expected the opposite 😂 When I played for my school, our manager wouldn’t tolerate our team having a go at the ref

In my match the manager and captain were the worse and it flowed to the other players.

Lesson I learnt that day was expect the same from every game regardless of age, if I had done I think I would have handled the manager and captain better.

Back