A&H

Samples of referee observer reports

Egg man

Level 5 Referee
I'm looking to go from L7 to L6 next Season, I had some good feedback this season so quietly confident. But I just wondered if any one is will to share a observers reports?

The Referee Store
I don’t think I had any reports for my 7-6 promotion but here is a 6-5 observation report. I’d imagine they’ll be fairly similar as it only changes when you go 5-4.

Attachments

• WA Report 19.9.2020- MG.pdf
    277.2 KB · Views: 119
Always useful to be prepared but the promotion landscape could be very different for L7 & L6 referees next season. It’s a developing situation.
That said, the principles of good refereeing remain, the advice will be similar but the delivery and framework may differ.

Always useful to be prepared but the promotion landscape could be very different for L7 & L6 referees next season. It’s a developing situation.
That said, the principles of good refereeing remain, the advice will be similar but the delivery and framework may differ.
This is true.
No more 7-6 and 6-5.
As I understand it, it'll L5c-b, followed by L5b-a.
Observers will all require new training, and instead will be known as "Match Day Coach & Developers" (or something very similar).
Not yet public knowledge but will be soon ... 🙂

If this is the case, and all observers need new training. This could have a big effect on people applying for promotion next season. we already have a shortage of observers.

This is true.
No more 7-6 and 6-5.
As I understand it, it'll L5c-b, followed by L5b-a.
Observers will all require new training, and instead will be known as "Match Day Coach & Developers" (or something very similar).
Not yet public knowledge but will be soon ... 🙂
Only this morning I was talking to @Russell Jones about County promotions... I referred to the more general idea of 7-to-5 being more akin to onward development rather that 'promotion' as such and how we ought to act as coaches for those who might be struggling with some aspect of progression

Back