A&H

Same Fixture

colindotcom

So last weekend (24th September) I had a fixture which I was led to believe was a "derby" of sorts. During the game I gave my 1st ever red card for SFP, the lad went down after a studed tackle to the back of the ankle and I stop play and the watch (for 8 mins) when the lad went down he was obviously injured but was making a lot of noise in pain I had 8 minutes to decide what colour card to give.... anyhow they said they were appealing it and the other team said they would back them up. After that it got abit heated with tackles and a dubious offside from the club linesman.
It left me a bit down for the rest of the week.

Due to an administrative change I had the reverse fixture this week. Not feeling hopeful of a good reception I had to throw these feelings out the window. Told the captains was happened last week has gone and this is a different game etc.

The game, it turned out, is one we hope for every week i gave a few FKs and one Yellow but was largely invisible, with a good attacking 0-0.

The Referee Store
I've had this a few times. You just need to forget what happened the previous week. It's not easy though especially if was eventful.

Easier said than done sometimes though

Personally, I've never made reference to the previous game to anyone.

Because I live in the middle of nowhere, at the lower levels, I used to get the same team constantly, untill eventually, I asked not to get them again. But getting a team a couple of times on the bounce isnt bad :)

I've got the same team three times this month. Be interesting to see how my decisions in the first came will affect my marks going forward in the other two games.

Back