A&H

Saints v Spied on Derby

The Referee Store
Here we go. Danny Murphy saying that offside for the goal wasn't clear and obvious and it was tedious .... it was offside! What’s your problem!

He actually angered me the amount he went on about how VAR shouldn’t have been used for that, and now Shearer is going on about how it shouldn’t have been allowed and how the benefit should have been given to the attacker. Just because it’s millimeteres doesn’t mean it’s not offside. It’s fact, not opinion

My son had a bet on Derby for the first goal, He blurted that he'd won £20, I saw the first replay and said he's gonna scrub this, well, well before it dawned on the commentator!! Tough but correct call unfortunately!!! I think AT is still a bit star struck after meeting the gruesome twosome!!! :):)

Be interesting to know without VAR what would have been given.
I certainly on first view real time being honest, could not tell you either way, so, I really don't know if I would have flagged
And then, reffing that yourself? Your not going to give offside !!!

I have not got BBC tv on but I have just looked online..... here is the trophy laden saviour of the Toon's quote

"We can't tell if that's offside at all, we've been looking at it for five or six minutes now. We are talking about millimetres. VAR wasn't brought in for this.

Can someone tell him VAR was brought in to get the correct decision, which, on this occasion, it has !!!! This guy is broadcasting to millions spouting Brown Ale !!

I have not got BBC tv on but I have just looked online..... here is the trophy laden saviour of the Toon's quote

"We can't tell if that's offside at all, we've been looking at it for five or six minutes now. We are talking about millimetres. VAR wasn't brought in for this.

Can someone tell him VAR was brought in to get the correct decision, which, on this occasion, it has !!!! This guy is broadcasting to millions spouting Brown Ale !!
Four pundits all have all taken the side of giving the wrong decision because it was close. Unbelievable

Four pundits all have all taken the side of giving the wrong decision because it was close. Unbelievable

The worrying thing is, the watching masses then side with this viewpoint too

Stay tuned for the weekend, where goals will be given even if GLT does not award it, simply because it was so so close......

Not clear and obvious so shouldn’t have been used .... apparently

Attachments

• E54A02F8-EE8D-44BC-99CA-A3AF2B13CA42.jpeg
    E54A02F8-EE8D-44BC-99CA-A3AF2B13CA42.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 19
The waiting involved for any goal to be confirmed is what kills the game. I don't understand why this isn't abundantly apparent to everyone
With 2 of the goals tonight I agree. The disallowed Bryson one, I can understand why it took a bit of time

Can that apparent head knock not be reviewed as SFP? Accidental as it was, if that was an accidental bad touch with foot and a follow through which caught the opponents ankle, we would be going red, or at least looking at it?
Slight push was the foul but what came next was without regard for opponents safety, no chance of playing the ball, and there was speed involved too..

as said, if incident was ball on ground and follow through with boot, it would be up for debate...

Not clear and obvious so shouldn’t have been used .... apparently
Too many people think 'clear and obvious' means 'major'.
I've always taken it to mean...once you see the footage there isn't much argument against it.

Offside, a very tight decision can be clear and obvious once you see the footage. It doesn't mean it has to be clear and obvious to the AR at the time, as some numpties argue

Too many people think 'clear and obvious' means 'major'.
I've always taken it to mean...once you see the footage there isn't much argument against it.

Offside, a very tight decision can be clear and obvious once you see the footage. It doesn't mean it has to be clear and obvious to the AR at the time, as some numpties argue

Thats rubbish, if it was C&O then he would have seen it, he didn't, because it wasn't!! On your premise every challenge, every move, everything should be reviewed, that was never the idea of VAR!!! This numpty thing must be catching down under these days!!

Thats rubbish, if it was C&O then he would have seen it, he didn't, because it wasn't!! On your premise every challenge, every move, everything should be reviewed, that was never the idea of VAR!!! This numpty thing must be catching down under these days!!
What pundits don’t seem to understand is offside is offside, there’s no debate. Yes last nights was close but that’s just unfortunate.

The worrying thing is, the watching masses then side with this viewpoint too

Stay tuned for the weekend, where goals will be given even if GLT does not award it, simply because it was so so close......

I can already hear the coaches, players, managers and spectators screaming and demanding why offside was given when it was millimetres close

Err, you CLEARLY AND OBVIOUSLY have no idea how VAR works.

So, you think that any tight offside decision shouldn't be reviewed then??

By your argument, no decision should ever be reviewed because if ti was clear and obvious then it would have been seen!!!

CLEAR AND OBVIOUS refers to what the VAR can see, not what view the officials have.

As for you 'every challenge' nonsense - you know that VAR only has certain things it can interject on, yes? And also that VAR does actually constantly review just about everything that's happening anyway?

[Edited out the personal insult]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back