A&H

Ruskies v Croats

The Referee Store
As long as it goes to a long penalty shoot out and lots of yellows for players who are already on one or red cards for the most talented players I will be happy.

People's thoughts on players moving to block a quick FK? Happened in the afternoon match and again just now - both times a talking to rather than yellow.

It's nailed on FRD but it's not given at the World Cup or even most professional matches anymore.

You'd think that when FIFA says they want to promote attacking football that refs would punish when players stop quick free kicks, but what do I know.

Just joined.
Are Croatia actually trying in this one?
(I am hoping not to see a repeat of Spain's show in the last match)

OK so I join to see a goal where Lovren, Modric and the GK all stand still while a Russian scores from 25 yards...
(I am cynical but tell me Croatia have been playing in this game?)

I am also watching a different game from the commentators - no way does Lovren go "straight through him" - no way is that a yellow card.
I thought that as well, seemed very harsh. The second yellow is nailed on SPA, but the first isn't that, and isn't bad enough for a reckless card for me.

Referees have over-used the whistle in this tournament. Every time there is a dead ball it is accompanied by a quadruple beep, then another triple beep, then another triple beep... I think, like the "Fifa fingers corner warnings" and "no cards" they will look back on that as a poor idea.

OK so I join to see a goal where Lovren, Modric and the GK all stand still while a Russian scores from 25 yards...
(I am cynical but tell me Croatia have been playing in this game?)
You spoke too soon! Don't jinx it man!

First time you card for the block of the Quick FK next season they’ll moan and maybe reference the WC. Poor Law adoption IMO

First time you card for the block of the Quick FK next season they’ll moan and maybe reference the WC. Poor Law adoption IMO

Dont think I have ever cautioned for that.

The quick free kick card comes out when th referee themselves has not been able to manage the situation, its a technical caution which you prduce due to your own managment failings, You have not been proactive, or been in close to defuse, or used whistle, or realised it was an attempt to get opponent booked and so on

Last edited:
Dont think I have ever cautioned for that.

The quick free kick card comes out when th referee themselves has not been able to manage the situation, its a technical caution which you prduce due to your own managment failings, You have not been proactive, or been in close to defuse, or used whistle, or realised it was an attempt to get opponent booked and so on
I have, after a warning, no excuse!!

I have, after a warning, no excuse!!

I did this on my debut match last season. Assessor was there and he was very happy I did it. Pretty annoyed that it wasn't punished today, but it seems par the course for the tournament.

That Russian goal was a thing of beauty though.

I did this on my debut match last season. Assessor was there and he was very happy I did it. Pretty annoyed that it wasn't punished today, but it seems par the course for the tournament.

That Russian goal was a thing of beauty though.

That shows you know what a cautionable offence is, as does the assessor. It does not mean though that the game is being managed. It might well have been, but knowing what a caution is, is different to knowing when to take it

If am booking for that then I hope I got my cautions for tackles correct..
Of Course, I had a reputation for allowing more than most tackle wise, If its in the LOTG then its fair game!! Like I said, audible warning for all and after that its gloves off!!

The problem for me was that he’d already warned the player not to block it!

That is the sort of thing that annoys clubs, they know it’s a mandatory caution and referees going their own way because they to are super game managers in their own minds annoys them.

Back