A&H

Ronaldo Off

JH

RefChat Addict
No clear replays yet but it would seem Brych has been thrown under the bus by his additional assistant...

The Referee Store
There's replays up on reddit's soccer sub. I'm not sure what the red is for from the replay's I've seen...

In a scale of softness thats Cushell Soft!! Geez, I'd have the County FA driving Bently's if I sent off for stuff like that!!!

I just can't understand why football insists that having officials behind the goal, in the middle, on the line and by the dugouts is positive but video replays are not? I've always thought that the best thing about VAR is that one person makes the final decision and isn't reliant on others getting involved (like tonight) hampering the Ref. I've gone on to VAR again, apologies!

I think everyone is assuming it was for the hair pull that didn't happen, I think the AAR has given it for the little kick out before it even gets there.

Soft, but Ronaldo has got players sent off in the past for softer than that.

I just can't understand why football insists that having officials behind the goal, in the middle, on the line and by the dugouts is positive but video replays are not? I've always thought that the best thing about VAR is that one person makes the final decision and isn't reliant on others getting involved (like tonight) hampering the Ref. I've gone on to VAR again, apologies!
I don't see the logic. Even with the AAR and 4th, it's still one person making the final decision. And with VAR, the referee IS reliant on the VAR getting involved.

Last edited:
I think everyone is assuming it was for the hair pull that didn't happen, I think the AAR has given it for the little kick out before it even gets there.

Soft, but Ronaldo has got players sent off in the past for softer than that.
I disagree, the Valencia players only react after Ronaldo puts his hand on the defender's head and based on a better replay I saw, I'd say the AAR has told Brych that Ronaldo scratched/clawed his head (he did but still not a red imo)

This was a red card for bad karma. As big cat said his world cup antics are catching up to him 🤣

I don't see the logic. Even with the AAR and 4th, it's still one person making the final decision. And with VAR, the referee IS reliant on the VAR getting involved.

But imo it's a good thing that the referee is reliant on VAR as opposed to being reliant on extra officials. There are so many officials on the FOP because off the difficulty in getting the key decisions right. VAR wouldve allowed the Ref to view that incident and conclude that it wasn't a red card. Having an official behind the goal making decisions just needlessly complicates matters for the referee. VAR would do the AAR's job for the ref and we could then get rid of the AAR's.

I disagree, the Valencia players only react after Ronaldo puts his hand on the defender's head and based on a better replay I saw, I'd say the AAR has told Brych that Ronaldo scratched/clawed his head (he did but still not a red imo)

If by admitting he did that he would have to go. Although not the same level as punching or headbutting someone, that is an act of violence. Especially when the defender was sat on the ground

So you'd be happy for players in your game to do that all the time? If you let one player get away with it, that's the message you send out.

If by admitting he did that he would have to go. Although not the same level as punching or headbutting someone, that is an act of violence. Especially when the defender was sat on the ground
So you'd be happy for players in your game to do that all the time? If you let one player get away with it, that's the message you send out.
I'd argue the force used was negligible, hence no red card. Common sense says no red card.

I'd argue the force used was negligible, hence no red card. Common sense says no red card.

Negligible only applies for striking an opponent, pulling someone’s hair isn’t striking

It will become netball soon, any contact is a foul!
At least, when they appeal "in the back" we will all have to give free-kicks. Persistent will be spotted more and imagine the number of penalties for holding. Harry Kane will score 100 goals a season!

Back