A&H

Retirement!

Mintyref

RefChat Addict
Level 6 Referee
After a lot of thought and very little prospect of a return to full fitness I've decided to hang up my whistle for good this time.
Had a temporary hiatus a couple of seasons ago when I took time out to do some cross country running with my local running club. Quite enjoyed it but by the March I was having to use strong painkillers to be able to run at anything like my best. Trouble is predominantly related to my back but I now also have a dodgy calf hence last season's comeback was a spectacular fail, three matches, two calf pulls........you know the rest.
I'm not going away, I'll still stay around but I'd like to formally wish everyone the best for their future prospects, refereeing or otherwise.

Lastly, just remember we need both the Padfoots of the world, people not frightened to tell it like it is, because let's face it he's rarely wrong and Sheffield's Finest, someone you have to take with a large pinch of salt!

Cheers, Mike

The Referee Store
Good luck Minty, the meetings dragged on last week and I know you like a nap in the afternoon so I passed on the invitation of a cuppa... the East Yorkshire yoofs will be cheering your Service I’m sure....

We need all sorts of opinions on here to help everyone young and old. We may not always agree, geez, I’d be worried if we did... Football should be about opinions, sadly some mugs pay us to bestow our opinion on the game in front of us... they’ll never ever be happy whichever way you point... never be afraid to admit a mistake or ask for advice, it may seem a stupid question but amongst the collective someone will have faced similar or can preach from the good book.

Keep well Pal and if your ever over the border the Quooker tap is always hot....

Last edited:
@Mintyref - you will have to swap the whistle for a pen. We need more observers in the East Riding to develop their young referees, and your experience / knowledge is invaluable.

Either that or join the ERCFA and reduce the average age by a significant amount!

@Mintyref - you will have to swap the whistle for a pen. We need more observers in the East Riding to develop their young referees, and your experience / knowledge is invaluable.

Either that or join the ERCFA and reduce the average age by a significant amount!
I have given that some thought......

Back