A&H

Restarts after sanctions - laws 3 and 12

jm338

Hi all, I’m after some guidance on the below please.

In each below scenario, you stop play when the home team have possession on the halfway line. I have 2 questions:

• Are the below sanctions and restarts correct?
  • Which team are the restarts awarded to? i.e home team as they were originally in possession or away team as it was the home team that committed the offence?

(3.7-extra persons in the field of play) a home team sub enters the field and interferes with play on the halfway line - YC and DFK at halfway line (to away team?)

(3.7-extra persons in the field of play) a home team player leaves the field with but re-enters without, permission but does not interfere - YC x1 and IDFK at halfway line (to away team?)

(12.4 - restart after fouls and misconduct) 2 home team players fight each other in their own box - 2 RCs and penalty to away team

The Referee Store
One thing in all of this is simple: who gets a FK is never based on who had the ball. Never. A FK is always punishment for the team that committed an offense.

1. DFK to away team. Location can be (and likely to be) from the place of interference as you should wait on the offence of entering without permission until he has interfered with play.

2. Firstly don't stop play if there is no interference. Cation on next stoppage. If you do stop play, IFK to the away team from position of the ball when you stopped play.

3. Correct

(12.4 - restart after fouls and misconduct) 2 home team players fight each other in their own box - 2 RCs and penalty to away team
Depends who struck who first. If the attacker punches the defender and the latter defends himself, I ain't giving no PK

Simultaneous blows... yeh OK PK based on what the book say's, although you'll probably be joining the two protagonists in terms of headache severity

Dont file it under the never gonna happen folder

Happened high profile, 1994, Graeme Hogg ( ex Man Utd) got seven shades of brown stuff knocked out him by team mate Craig Leviene.

both were red carded, ( in a friendly v Raith), and without checking, both recieved ten game bans,

that aside I have no idea how the game was restarted

Happened high profile, 1994, Graeme Hogg ( ex Man Utd) got seven shades of brown stuff knocked out him by team mate Craig Leviene.

both were red carded, ( in a friendly v Raith), and without checking, both recieved ten game bans,

In that era an indirect free kick would have resulted (assuming that the ball was in play at the time of the incident, of course)

Lee Bowyer, Kieran Dyer
Not in the PA however

Depends who struck who first. If the attacker punches the defender and the latter defends himself, I ain't giving no PK

Simultaneous blows... yeh OK PK based on what the book say's, although you'll probably be joining the two protagonists in terms of headache severity
Not the OP but a scenario of its own. Unless both the culprits are knocked out on the ground from each other's simultaneous blows like the rare ones you find on YouTube, I would find the "first offence" that gives me less headache.

Back