A&H

Restart

Ben448844

RefChat Addict
Better late than never. It looks like leagues will be able to confirm their plans to restart following the release of the new guidelines at 11pm last night?!?

I'm expecting confirmation of the restart of grass roots football to go ahead this weekend here. Although one of the local Sunday Leagues announced earlier this week that they were delaying their restart until 13th due to having no time to implement the any new advice which was expected but hadn't been released earlier in the week, which is understandable.

Typically after a month of decent weather at the weekend theres plenty of poor weather on its way for the coming weekend across the country but football looks to be back and I now don't have to go shopping with my Mrs at weekends. Mega!

The Referee Store
Grassroots football can be played across all tiers, but you cannot go across all tiers to play grassroots football

The Government clear as ever

all that has happened in my local leagues is fixtures have been issued to keep teams/refs playing fixtures within their tier but that’s only sustainable for so long, the further up chain the more regions you have to cross

Grassroots football can be played across all tiers, but you cannot go across all tiers to play grassroots football

The Government clear as ever

all that has happened in my local leagues is fixtures have been issued to keep teams/refs playing fixtures within their tier but that’s only sustainable for so long, the further up chain the more regions you have to cross
U18 and below is cross tier.

County FA have sent out Grassroots & higher guidelines for referees & observers and I also got them direct from the FA.

No obvious changes to the ones sent in September that I could see.

County FA have sent out Grassroots & higher guidelines for referees & observers and I also got them direct from the FA.

No obvious changes to the ones sent in September that I could see.

Within the detail seemed to be more detail about the requirements for a covid 19 officer and what they have to do. Ill be amazed if I see one.

I've seen pubs open tonight that definitely don't have any sort of food license or beer garden
Being a good citizen, I'm inclined to visit them all tomorrow evening, to see what the frig they're playing at!

I've seen pubs open tonight that definitely don't have any sort of food license or beer garden
Being a good citizen, I'm inclined to visit them all tomorrow evening, to see what the frig they're playing at!
That's very noble of you. I trust you will participate in a couple of ales for safe reasons and taking names and photos of the other customers, so you can report them to the necessary authorities for COVID breaches. As a referee, you will be use to report non-compliance 😂

They don't need a food license necessarily, they could partner with a nearby take away to get food delivered. As long as it is ordered and paid for in the pub that is allowed.

Well my game is cancelled along with most of the other games in this area. Too many teams/players having to cross tiers. I've agreed to go shopping with my other half as its her birthday. Absolute misery!

I had a bask spasm last night. Could barely arise this morning. Couldn't dress me sen. Suffice to say I can't referee my first game back 😩

I’m lucky I’m on the 3G @ wast hills training ground else I’d have no chance

Bit of a soggy pitch yesterday but my match went ahead.

Feeling it this morning though ...

My supply League had a meeting last week reference the restart. We have 3 clubs on the island that are in Tier 1, everyone else is in Tier 2. Full fixture list for both divisions midweek, so expect the outcome of the meeting to be announced before then.

As a football fan first and foremost I hope they are going to get going again, but commercially I can understand the issues around clubhouses being a big problem to allow clubs to generate sufficient income from matchdays.

I had a bask spasm last night. Could barely arise this morning. Couldn't dress me sen. Suffice to say I can't referee my first game back 😩
That could just be the way it is, with old age......

Back