A&H

Reporting a Half Time Sub

micky2001

Let's say you officiate in a league that requires you to report the substitutes and the time they happen.

A sub happens at half time and you are informed. Do you report it as 45th minute or 46th minute?

The Referee Store
Substitution technically happens after 45', so you should report it as 46'
This.

Substitutions do not happen during the half-time break. They happen at the end of the break, immediately before the second half kickoff. As such... 46th minute of play.

What about when you have played 90 mins yet are adding on 6 mins of stoppages and the goal is scored with lat kick of ball ?
what time do you record the goal as ?

90 mins?
90 mins plus 6?
96 mins?

Substitutions do not happen during the half-time break. They happen at the end of the break, immediately before the second half kickoff. As such... 46th minute of play.
I don't think I agree with that...also, 'immediately before kickoff' is still the break
I'd argue 46", but because it's always 'minute of play'. The 1st minute starts at 0:00, so the 46th minute starts at 45:00 (we can argue about miliseconds, but you get the idea).
Also, think about televised games. You've never seen 'halftime' listed as the time for a sub. It's always an actual time.

Though I'd also say it's really not a big deal. If you report halftime and their data entry doesn't accept it, they'll change it appropriately anyway. But given that if it matters, it's going into a computer somewhere - so odds are the data entry rules will require a time.

What about when you have played 90 mins yet are adding on 6 mins of stoppages and the goal is scored with lat kick of ball ?
what time do you record the goal as ?

90 mins?
90 mins plus 6?
96 mins?
90+6. Televised matches will always show it this way.
Like if it's in stoppage time of the first half it's, say, 45+4.
So really, you can have something recorded as 45+4, and something else recorded at 46" if it's in the first minute of the 2nd half!

Back