RefSix

Removing shirt

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
If a player is being substituted and while leaving the pitch removes his shirt and angrily throws it on the floor does that warrant a caution and if so what for?

It happened in a friends game yesterday so thought I'd ask I here

HullRef

RefChat Addict
No caution for me, removing the shirt only comes under goal celebrations IMO unless the player is really ugly/ hairy chested then caution for unsporting behaviour ;)

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
I wouldn't caution for that. As mentioned by others the only time you are obliged by law to caution for shirt removal is after a goal celebration, so all you will achieve by that is causing more issues. Let the manager and subs deal with the stroppy player!

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
LoTG say no caution for taking the shirt off, could rub salt in to his wounds and caution him under C1 Aggressive Attitude - Would be harsh and I wouldn't. No caution is best answer here IMO

Top man in the parish

Level 5 Referee
I'd agree SM, that's time wasting for the sake of it. The original post described a player throwing teddy from the pram and having a hissy fit as he grudgingly mooched off. I'd let him go and be done with him, let the club take away his crisps & pop as a punishment lol