A&H

Relocating during the season.

Ben448844

RefChat Addict
Morning everyone, just an enquiry and one which I know I will need to contact my RDO over once I have confirmation of my circumstances.

Essentially a change of work circumstances means that I may well be relocating to the South of the country (they've discovered gravy and oatcakes down there now right?). Im going for 6-5 promotion this season. Is it usually possible to transfer counties during a promotion season and still be eligible for promotion? Does anyone have any experience with this?

The Referee Store
As the season and marking season are only a couple of weeks old, it should be possible. In our county here in the South we have a lot of Uni students and forces personnel going for promotion, and the RDO liaises with their parent counties re observations. In the event of a move, as long as the new county has the same promotion parameters as your current county, I can't foresee any difficulty. Once plans are firm, talk to both RDO's as early as possible. Good luck.

Morning everyone, just an enquiry and one which I know I will need to contact my RDO over once I have confirmation of my circumstances.

Essentially a change of work circumstances means that I may well be relocating to the South of the country (they've discovered gravy and oatcakes down there now right?). Im going for 6-5 promotion this season. Is it usually possible to transfer counties during a promotion season and still be eligible for promotion? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Which county are you likely to be moving to?

Which county are you likely to be moving to?

Depends on work, I have several options. As soon as I know for sure ill contact the relevant RDOs. I'm interested to hear the experience others have had if theres anyone on here whos been through this

Last edited:
I think the RDO's might still be furloughed
Phil Sharpe is the esteemed RDO in Hertfordshire. He's a good fellow

I moved county but as a level 4. I moved pools and I received two separate marks for each pool, the scores were not amalgamated..
I think its fine if you have a parent county and a secondary county who both know at the start you are on promotion scheme, they can work together but a whole change I think you might need to do it early doors in the season so that you can be on the scheme when you move.. Otherwise might delay until next season

Yes, it happens all the time. Your old county would just send any observation received to date to your new one and they would take over from there.

So I got back from doing a middle in the Northern Premier League u19 Alliance to a start date for my new job.

I'll be transferring to the Bristol area. Chipping Sodbury/Yate area to be precise. Any contacts would be great fully recieved!

So I got back from doing a middle in the Northern Premier League u19 Alliance to a start date for my new job.

I'll be transferring to the Bristol area. Chipping Sodbury/Yate area to be precise. Any contacts would be great fully recieved!

Back