A&H

Reffing a match with a mic. Hear me during the game.

Victor Karimi

Hello
I had a game in Sweden’s division 2 (4th tier).
I reffed it with a microphone and have added English subtitles. The video shows almost all fouls called in the game and you can hear how the communication was. Thought it would be an interesting video for this forum. Video is unlisted:

The Referee Store
Thanks for sharing. Some good parts we can learn from. Seems like you had a good match...unless you didn‘t show us the mistakes ;-)

Maybe a bit far away for the penalty?- thought you sold it well though.

Second yellow was for dissent?

Looked pretty far out.

I'm trying to suss what the card for 'disrespect for the game' was for exactly?

I was far out because I was talking to a player who complained just before that.
The lack of respect: He is pulling the opponent as he is running and it really didn't stop an attack but he had zero interest to play the ball and just held the opponent quickly and also stepped on his shoe.

Thanks for sharing. Some good parts we can learn from. Seems like you had a good match...unless you didn‘t show us the mistakes ;-)

Maybe a bit far away for the penalty?- thought you sold it well though.

Second yellow was for dissent?
Yes, he is screaming in a wild manner.

I usually always show all the fouls no matter if I think I made a mistake or not.

Here are all plenty of videos that are unlisted: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4OiywE4asSf5w_0rL9yznW1Rr8f-YdE3

Last edited:
Me too I couldn't work out unless he said something to his opponent?
Guess I could have written either SPA or reckless since he stepped on his shoe at full speed. That's why the player with the ball screamed. He felt the pain. And also look after the foul. He is in pain.

The lack of respect: He is pulling the opponent as he is running and it really didn't stop an attack but he had zero interest to play the ball and just held the opponent quickly and also stepped on his shoe.

Ah, I would have normally put that down as a foul. Good decision IMO.

Looked pretty far out.

I'm trying to suss what the card for 'disrespect for the game' was for exactly?
'Lack of respect for the game' is something I had never seen discussed in England before looking at UEFA training materials. I had always wondered why top officials cautioned clear pulls/pushes/trips despite there being no promising attack. UEFA (and I expect other european FAs) teach that a pull/push/trip with no intent to play the ball is showing lack of respect for the game and so is a caution every time.

'Lack of respect for the game' is something I had never seen discussed in England before looking at UEFA training materials. I had always wondered why top officials cautioned clear pulls/pushes/trips despite there being no promising attack. UEFA (and I expect other european FAs) teach that a pull/push/trip with no intent to play the ball is showing lack of respect for the game and so is a caution every time.

Ah, learn something new everyday.

We have been educated (also in the Nord) to YC for blatant holding (which typically occurs in not quite SPA areas and with zero attempt on the ball)

Reactions: JH
@Victor Karimi Brilliant to watch. Thanks for posting that. Really good game. The 2nd advantage yellow, the 2nd YC for 12, the communication with players, great stuff.

The "respect" yellow card - it seemed trifling to me, it was barely a grab and I'm not so sure it needed a card.
And then the penalty... the footage is difficult to see... but it looks like the attacker jumps across the keeper and there's no real challenge or fould from the keeper... but what do you think of the penalty when you see it again... did you see better on the field?

(Again, great to watch, wish there were more of these!)

@Victor Karimi Brilliant to watch. Thanks for posting that. Really good game. The 2nd advantage yellow, the 2nd YC for 12, the communication with players, great stuff.

The "respect" yellow card - it seemed trifling to me, it was barely a grab and I'm not so sure it needed a card.
And then the penalty... the footage is difficult to see... but it looks like the attacker jumps across the keeper and there's no real challenge or fould from the keeper... but what do you think of the penalty when you see it again... did you see better on the field?

(Again, great to watch, wish there were more of these!)
The penalty was clear to me live. On replay the camera is not in the best angle or distance. The GK accidentally was just a little late and tackled the player.

Nordic people tend to be thoroughly decent people in my experience, the players seem to have a great attitude and the atmosphere seems much more pleasant than what I have seen in the UK.

I deal with lots of Swedish chaps and they are usually spot on without any aggressive side that I’ve seen... ironically I’ve also dealt with Dutch chaps too who are polar opposites in aggression when things don’t go their way. I suppose their are bad eggs in all societies but I only say what I’ve seen so far!

I deal with lots of Swedish chaps and they are usually spot on without any aggressive side that I’ve seen... ironically I’ve also dealt with Dutch chaps too who are polar opposites in aggression when things don’t go their way. I suppose their are bad eggs in all societies but I only say what I’ve seen so far!
Me being Dutch, I thought that the English chaps are the most annoying ones to deal with. Although I've only dealt with the nordern Dutchies. Dissent seems far worse in England than in NL

Back