A&H

Refereeing u11 academy game

Rob123

Refereeing u11 academy game and wondering if to use yellow And red cards. as cards are usually discouraged at academies

The Referee Store
I'd be shocked if you need to show a card, but if ones required then show it. I've not actually had a club say they don't want cards at an academy game, it's usually another referee making that comment.
Have seen far more complaints about cards not being shown at academy level than vice versa.

In my experience, cards are discouraged, but generally accepted. I’m aware they don’t like seeing them but I’ve never had any complaints when I’ve used them. For u11, I’d be incredibly surprised if you needed cards at an academy game unless it’s a unique incident. My academy games with the younger ages tend to be fairly easy and the players are pretty innocent or at least easy to manage. U14 and up seems to be where games get a bit more feisty in my experience

Like mentioned above, very unlikely that you’d need to use cards but if need be then no reason not to. Above anything else, these players are here to learn and that includes the consequences of tackles and gamesmanship.

Back