A&H

Referee-Inactive - Well that went well ...

As the Sunday League season opened this morning I thought I'd take a trip out to ensure that all the games had taken place.

With something like 23-24 games scheduled, I would have thought it unusual if something hadn't gone wrong. Fortunately it was restricted to one team who hadn't checked their fixture list and turned up at their new ground, instead of the ground I assigned to their game. The situation was resolved quickly and the game took place.

Meanwhile I made my way to James' game where I ran the line for him for about 10 minutes which was good fun apart from the trip that saw me sprawling along the touchline and getting grass stains on the knees of my jeans.

On arriving back home, the first of the online match reports were coming in and I updated the stats provided to show appearances, substitutes and goal scorers. I then fielded a few calls about how to complete the form before completing my assessments from yesterday.

It was a competent display from all three officials in a quietish game and I hope they find my reports useful. The last piece of football related work for the weekend was to confirm my availability for assessing during October. I already have another 8 lined up for September. I'm as busy as I was when I was actually refereeing!
1430959096615306100-1526677078825987379

The Referee Store
Back