A&H

Referee-Inactive - Training 4.14

It's nearly here but not near enough ...

I submitted my first set of closed dates for next season and there seemed to be a lot! It's no surprise as we struggle with trying to cover school holidays as well as ensure we have enough time to go on holiday on Rhodes for my daughter's wedding. Add in a family trip to Alton Towers and my in-law's Ruby Wedding anniversary party and there's not a lot of August and September left.

So it looks like my assessing season will not get off the ground properly until October unless I take on a lot of midweek games, which will interfere with my training programme, which is going nicely thank you! We started a little earlier tonight and having tried out 2 minutes running, 1 minute walking on Friday, I thought the boys might like to try that as well.

I wanted to work a little harder than on Friday so we did a 5 minute warm up run, shuttles and then 3 sets of 5 rotations of 2 minutes running and 1 minute walking. After the first 5 we added an extra minute to the rest and then switched back to 1 minute rests. In between run 7 and 8 we stretched the rest to 1m 30s to get some water on board but reverted back to 1 minute walks. When we had completed 10 we again had a 2 minute rest. For runs 11 through to 15, we took 1 minute rests again.

We skipped the jog/run warm down and went straight into our stretches and then headed home. I think on Wednesday we're going to have to revert to far, middle and near as the field will be jampacked with football teams getting ready for the new season which is still too far away!

Calories 1063, average heart rate 83%

1430959096615306100-3610258043098962823

The Referee Store
Back