A&H

Referee-Inactive - Is it over yet?

Another crazy week in football has passed and I still have a mountain of reports to complete before taking the rest of the week off.

Last Monday Jamie, David and I planned out the next Basic Course for New Referees being held at County HQ in October. This one is slightly different in that both of the RDOs and David are not available on the first week, so as Course Leader, I'll have more work to do.

Tuesday saw me take a trip to Savile Park in Halifax to watch a new referee in his first open age 11 v 11 game. Michael was on the course in May and this was his first opportunity to put into practice the things he learned. He put in a good stint and writing his coaching feedback report was easy to fill with compliments.

On Wednesday I travelled to our office in Livingston (Scotland) to support the manager there with some staffing issues. The staff involved work on the night shift and my last meeting finished just after half past midnight. I got back to my hotel and crashed into bed around 2 a.m. On my journey back from Scotland I think I triggered a speed trap, so I'm waiting for a call from the hire company to advise they have received a ticket!

Thursday night and I turned in at the County HQ for a meeting about Full Time, the free software and website package provided by the FA to help leagues keep on top of their administration. Our Sunday League is in our third season of using Full Time and I still picked up some tips and tricks that I will put into practice over the next few weeks.

On Friday I went along to the local athletics track to support friends and colleagues as they tried to pass the County Fitness Test of running for 12 minutes (completing a minimum of 2500m in the process) and then completing 2 50m sprints each one in 7.5 seconds or less. Most got through but there were a few casualties, but I'm sure they'll be back next year.

Saturday came and went with a trip to my latest Supply League game. It was a good performance by all three teams and a really enjoyable game. This was closely followed by another coaching trip to watch a relatively new referee on Sunday morning, followed by my first assessment in the FA Women's Premier League. In rushing about between games I may have triggered another speed trap ... two in four days!!!

The FAWPL games are still assessed on Supply league standards, but without the provision of a written report for the assistants. The report is finished but needs proof reading before I send it off.

Finally last night I completed another Supply League assessment and that will be typed up tonight (Tuesday) before I take a rest for the remainder of the week. At the weekend I have two promotion candidates to assess then two more Supply League assessments on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. No rest for the wicked!
1430959096615306100-4418825682924056704

The Referee Store
Back