A&H

Referee-Inactive - Double Time

A midweek post because it's another busy week and a lot has happened over the last two days.

I headed to Hemsworth on Tuesday to watch a recently promoted referee and enjoyed his participation in a tense local derby. I did well to get to the ground as early as 70 minutes before kick off. I punched in the wrong club on the satnav and in the deepening gloom of an early dusk, I realised in the last mile that I was heading to the wrong ground. A few deft turns later and I was back on my way, but this time to the wrong side of the ground! I re-negotiated the side streets and found, to my relief that I was right outside the club house.

Wednesday's trip to Sheffield saw me visit the home of the team I watched get battered just a couple of weeks ago in Leeds at the home of the Ammers. They were a different prospect last night and took the game to Leeds, who narrowly missed out of promotion last season. It was a close game until the final quarter when two goals settled it for the home team.

The highlight of my night was meeting Ted Ring, who kindly accompanied me on my first Supply League assessment 8 months ago at Emley. It was good to see him and he was good company. It was also good to meet Tom Brammall again, who was also at the game.

Tom was my assistant a few years ago when I refereed an inter county U16 girls game at Worsborough Bridge. He was promoted to level 4 a couple of seasons ago. At half time, I phoned Brian, our assessor's co-ordinator after he e-mailed me asking me to get in touch and we agreed my appointments for October, which include Mr Brammall!
1430959096615306100-5357665074135375218

The Referee Store
Back