A&H

Referee Cards

Rowanmano

Level 7 Referee
Hi just wondering when I ref my first match is it better to use card skins or the note book to write on as I am not completely sure thanks

The Referee Store
A notebook is a necessity
Don't complicate things
A few years down the line, maybe

I use card skins and they help you shorten down the writing time a notebook just takes time to get up and open then write.

I use card skins and they help you shorten down the writing time a notebook just takes time to get up and open then write.

That can be a benefit though. Slows the game down, you can take your sweet time with the book all you like to calm things down.

I may consider card skins at some point. Just don't think they're a great idea on debut

I would strongly suggest using a notebook, assuming you are in England. The reason for this is that referees are now expected to follow the "agreed" caution procedure - isolate player, explain he is being caution, obtain name, show card, warn as to future conduct. This can be done with write on cards, but not easily and it is probably best to get into the right habit now.

I may consider card skins at some point. Just don't think they're a great idea on debut

Depending on the level of game, skins aren't always the best option. 'm only a level 7 and the card skins only tend to allow space for shirt numbers, something which isn't all that reliable at the bottom of the ladder

Thanks guys could anyone recommend some good referee cards and wallet and where to get them many thanks

I see. I put one of these in my card wallet. I don't write all the names on numbers in, just put the names in of anyone I card as I go

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181105-210841_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181105-210841_Chrome.jpg
    613.3 KB · Views: 10
Back