A&H

Ref kit sponsor

RefCrow

Question in wearing company sponsored kit. I ref for soccersixes who run FA affiliated competitions, we have been sent a referee kit that "should be worn whilst officiating on the leagues". The kit has the soccer six logo in addition to the manufacturers logo plus soccer sixes in large print on the reverse?
Is this permitted by the FA- I'm going for promotion this season and do not want something trivial like this hinder me. Thanks in advance.

The Referee Store
I don't know what soccer six is but it sounds like 6 aside? Meaning those matches aren't eligible for promotion observation and don't count towards your promotion match count. So I'd where that for that league but you'll need a county badged "normal" shirt for your other leagues where you'll be observed.

The Referee Store
My advice - don't wear any sponsorship whatsoever. Your refereeing shirt should, at your level, have the county badge, and any league badges where applicable. Any logos (six-a-side, EA Sports, Air Asia, Expedia) should be avoided.

The Referee Store
Depends if soccersixes are FA affiliated, if they are then you can't wear that kit. Covered by rule 11(a)(ii) of the Regulation for the Control and Registration of Referees ...

Referees' uniforms must not carry any form of advertising

You certainly couldn't wear that kit in any sanctioned game.

Depends if soccersixes are FA affiliated, if they are then you can't wear that kit. Covered by rule 11(a)(ii) of the Regulation for the Control and Registration of Referees ...

Referees' uniforms must not carry any form of advertising

You certainly couldn't wear that kit in any sanctioned game.

Can I ask a serious question for once that is probably obvious but am in Scotland so its not clear.....re what you just said, are the EPL refs not wearing EA sports logos?

Can I ask a serious question for once that is probably obvious but am in Scotland so its not clear.....re what you just said, are the EPL refs not wearing EA sports logos?

They get dispensation as per rule 11(c) ...

(c) The following Competitions may be exempt from (a) above, on application to The Association subject to the conditions below:
• The Premier League
• The Football League
• Competitions of Panel and Contributory League Status
Application must be submitted annually prior to 1 May for the following season. Approval will be considered only for shirts that are almost entirely of a single colour and where the competition confirms to The Association that all Match Officials will be provided with shirts, shorts and socks free of charge.

Ah ok, was not on the wind up, serious would not have known that. In Scotland the seniors are given Specsavers kit as standard but minions can opt whether to have it or not. Lot of guys want it so they look the same, personally, I don't agree with paying to advertise someone else's product !

Ah ok, was not on the wind up, serious would not have known that. In Scotland the seniors are given Specsavers kit as standard but minions can opt whether to have it or not. Lot of guys want it so they look the same, personally, I don't agree with paying to advertise someone else's product !
so if you are working as a team of referees you are happy to look different from the others

Trust me, a team of 3 at say junior level and one AR has last years shorts on, nobody is going to care. you make best of what you have. Smart, presentable.
And you turn up and give it your all
At lower league level, least in scotlanf, there is no requirement to be exact the same
Its hard enough at weekends to get the games covered witn 3 officials as it is!
And looking at it objectively, whose to say its not the other 2 looking the exact same as you!
Its your availabilty, abilty and making the best of what you have. I cant ever imagine a supervisors report at low level saying you messed up the game but on the plus side you had perfect socks.

Trust me, a team of 3 at say junior level and one AR has last years shorts on, nobody is going to care. you make best of what you have. Smart, presentable.
And you turn up and give it your all
At lower league level, least in scotlanf, there is no requirement to be exact the same
Its hard enough at weekends to get the games covered witn 3 officials as it is!
And looking at it objectively, whose to say its not the other 2 looking the exact same as you!
Its your availabilty, abilty and making the best of what you have. I cant ever imagine a supervisors report at low level saying you messed up the game but on the plus side you had perfect socks.
Except at contrib you're talking about the the top 5% of referees in England so ok its not the highest level but players are being paid, fans are paying for entry - referees are being paid very well, circa £20 hour middles circa £15 hour assistant. Its not Sunday league, so actually appearance will make up some of it when clubs are expecting a certain level of professionalism. Ok you have a great game no1s bothered. Have a bad game and its just another issue for someone to pick up on.
No1 here is suggesting matching kits at youth/sunday league. And as a level 4 at supply league I wont be expecting my assistants to match me.

Last edited:
When I did do small sides it wasn't unheard of for me to referee in shirt and tie! :eek::D

Back