A&H

Red or yellow?

The Referee Store

Is there a (technical) argument that the keeper could quite easily make a fair tackle there - if so, no obvious goalscoring opportunity. Can see the argument for yellow but think football expects a red every time here

DOGSO for me, all he has to do is touch it past the keeper and pass it into an open net.

Yellow for me, defender keeping up with him, gk coming out, I wouldn't be going red.

Red. Looking at the four criteria, direction of attack, distance to goal, and number of defenders are all clear. All that is left is possession—which he has.

Yes, the GK is close, but it is also a completely open net as the GK is out of the PA.

Removing these cynical from behind fouls with no chance at the ball is what DOGSO was designed for.

Yellow for me, defender keeping up with him, gk coming out, I wouldn't be going red.
The accepted convention is, to evaluate DOGSO you have to take away the offending defender out of the calculation.

Red for me. Distance is a slight question mark but keeper being out of position easily counters that.

Back