Red or Yellow?

red or yellow

• Red

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
The Referee Store
Harsh because it looks like a body check gone wrong, but following the laws it can only be red.

I was going to type that this morning but was too lazy. It is Red but the end of the second clip shows it up close and it looks like he's sort of fallen into the back of him...weird and unfortunate but it has to be Red.

Pretty blatant encroachment by the player who kicked the rebound too. And what about the deliberate handling 24 seconds into the 2nd clip?
Anyway I'd like to see more from the alternate angle - can't tell why the defender fell down.

From replays available, I have sufficient doubt on his intent was not to play the ball. I'd go for the lesser punishment given the doubt.

From replays available, I have sufficient doubt on his intent was not to play the ball. I'd go for the lesser punishment given the doubt.
I personally think this falls into the "no possibility to play the ball" category.
Coming from behind the player. Pace of the pass. Initial contact being upper body.
Easy to say with the benefit of replays though.

I personally think this falls into the "no possibility to play the ball" category.
Coming from behind the player. Pace of the pass. Initial contact being upper body.
Easy to say with the benefit of replays though.
Sufficient doubt in that category too. Have a look at the below two snapshot and keep in mind that both players are going at full speed, starting side by side at about the same direction. Green player could have ended up being fouled had he had a little more speed. I would have big doubts on no possibility.
upload_2017-11-20_0-53-0.png

upload_2017-11-20_0-54-43.png

Back