A&H

Real Madrid vs Man City

JamesL

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
Interesting start.
Nailed on caution not given leads to modric and laporte having handbags..
Laporte lucky to stay on for me, striking opponent in face with more than negligible force...

The Referee Store
If the early exchanges are anything to go by, could be a busy night for the referee.

No card for Casemiro's scissor tackle from behind, but Modric and Laport get yellow for some "afters" :eek:

If the early exchanges are anything to go by, could be a busy night for the referee.

No card for Casemiro's scissor tackle from behind? :eek:
Yeh a nice feisty start for the game. Will be an interesting one. City are time wasting very early on as well which will spike tensions.

Can not believe Casemiro avoided a yellow tbh

Casemiro made a few questionable challenges against Chelsea, but whether it's first minute or last minute, scissor like tackles are usually followed by a card. Lucky to get away with it me thinks.

Classic player got shot away so no penalty there on B.Silva.
Yeh it’s a clear foul on a player in the penalty area. I do need to check the IFAB law where it says that if the player gets a shot away there’s no foul because I didn’t see it last time I looked!

If that happens anyway outside penalty area, e.g. a player gets clattered after taking a heavy touch that takes ball into touch, it’s getting given. Issue is the one referee who gives it now, especially in a high profile game, will see mass outrage due to them never being given.

Sound note, how long does the ref let City get away with time wasting. I’m not faulting the man for letting it go early on but 88th minute I think he might have pulled out a card considering how long they’re taking on every dead ball

As much as I’m cheering for Madrid tonight, what does Casemiro have to do to get booked. I can only guess he’s avoided yellow there for it being SPA, but it’s a shirt pull and a trip from behind, certainly can be classed as reckless.

Also there was no advantage really, I think City would have preferred the free kick in their own half and a yellow card

Thought Stuart Atwell was excessively lenient last night, but that is ridiculous. Casemiro scissor was "orange", then there's the shirt drag from behind. Neither deemed card worthy. :eek:

The first challenge by Casemiro just has to be a caution, that is a poor error by Orsato and one that has led to two cautions for the aftermath. The second one can't be a caution, it was just a shirt pull and there is no way on earth you can class that as reckless. The error here is playing advantage where there really wasn't one.

Nothing to see on the Bernardo Silva potential penalty, he got the shot away and they are never given at this level. Complete lack of complaints by Man City players says it all here, no one expects a penalty to be given.

Scissor tackle is a shocker.

Pull back on Foden also worth a caution for me. Dragging a player back by the top of his shirt forcing the neck back is definitely reckless.

Confused about the LOTG now. Although it is interesting to see the ref expanding his arms like to say I don't know what I'm doing. When he doesn't make a decision.

Yeh it’s a clear foul on a player in the penalty area. I do need to check the IFAB law where it says that if the player gets a shot away there’s no foul because I didn’t see it last time I looked!

If that happens anyway outside penalty area, e.g. a player gets clattered after taking a heavy touch that takes ball into touch, it’s getting given. Issue is the one referee who gives it now, especially in a high profile game, will see mass outrage due to them never being given.

Not this again!!!

Allowing the quick free kick was really good I thought. At first it looked the ref was interfering but he was being harassed by a Real player. Great that he let City take the quick one.

Anyone watching the BT Sport commentary now, it’s hilarious. Steve McManaman is almost in tears about this ref at times. Can’t say I agree with all the refs calls but the commentary reaction to it is hilarious.

This isn’t exclusive to City, Robbie Savage and co are the same when United are playing in Europe

Back