A&H

Real Madrid v PSG

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3014

OMG!!!

I’m trying to imagine myself being in the middle for this one as I’m watching it, my god the first 10mins of the game was like someone had pressed the fast forward button how on earth the ref Rocchi kept a lid on it wow..

The Referee Store
Not wanting to sidetrack. But last nights Juve Spurs game, the ref was top class. Anyone needing a lessson on how to handle dissent should dig out his caution of Higuan.

I’d hope any referee would have dealt with it in a similar way. It was one of most obvious dissent by action cautions you’ll see.

Indeed but we all know some refs wold have ignored it, tried to give a warning, whatever. It was textbook and it was how imo it should be handled
His entire game was outstanding, up their with the best performances I have seen for a while

Missed a blatant second yellow for the Neymar RM dive, Missed a blatant foul by Ronaldo in build up to their second goal!!! Robbed!!

Last edited:
It's almost upsetting to see these top refs in the Champions League and compare it to what we have in England...don't get me wrong, we have some good refs - but our continental partners are on a different level

Missed a blatant second yellow for the Neymar RM dive, Missed a blatant foul by Ronaldo in build up to their second goal!!! Robbed!!
I didn't see the dive as I was channel surfing back and forth with the Liverpool game. I agree on the foul. It looked like the defender embellished a bit but you could see Ronaldo crashing in hard and see it coming. He did get there late and there looked to be contact (that was embellished a tad) but it is still a foul in my opinion. I would have called it. There is no advantage in the defensive third. Maybe it looked different or did not look like contact from the CR angle.

It's almost upsetting to see these top refs in the Champions League and compare it to what we have in England...don't get me wrong, we have some good refs - but our continental partners are on a different level

But we're not seeing the 12th best German or Italian referee like we do every weekend in the Premier League. We're watching the best or second best from each nation.

But we're not seeing the 12th best German or Italian referee like we do every weekend in the Premier League. We're watching the best or second best from each nation.

And they pull it out of the bag time and time again. We have none who are even comparable

Yet they say the same about our top elite guys.

Each country never seems to appreciate the quality of their own referees - they’re hypercritical. Familiarity breeds and all that.

Even Collina was not universally appreciated when he officiated in Italy.

Oliver and surely Atkinson are comfortable at this ECL level, no?

It's Oliver and Taylor who have gotten the Champions League matches this season. Let's face it, with Webb and Clattenburg gone (plus Atkinson being 46), there isn't an English referee who you'd expect to see get a big knockout stage game right now. Hopefully Oliver and/or Taylor can grow into that role in the next few years.

Oliver and surely Atkinson are comfortable at this ECL level, no?

I like Atkinson a lot but I'm sure I remember there being some sort of directive saying refs at the elite level couldn't be over 40 or 50 years old. Maybe that was FIFA. Oliver isn't there yet but is probably the best one we have

I like Atkinson a lot but I'm sure I remember there being some sort of directive saying refs at the elite level couldn't be over 40 or 50 years old. Maybe that was FIFA. Oliver isn't there yet but is probably the best one we have
Fifa age ceiling is 46. Uefa not so strict.

Back