A&H

Real Dons V Plastic Dons

The Referee Store
... & as this is in fact a referee forum and not The Lad Bible, YNFA, 606 etc, it's shame that alleged referees cannot refer to teams by their correct names instead of constantly using childish terrace like nicknames! :wall:

... & as this is in fact a referee forum and not The Lad Bible, YNFA, 606 etc, it's shame that alleged referees cannot refer to teams by their correct names instead of constantly using childish terrace like nicknames! :wall:
Well considering the whole thread is to do with the mis-naming of a team on the day I thought my title was absolutely spot on!!.... and it’s former alleged referee thank you!!! :devil:

Last edited:
Likes for both posts as I agree with them both. I’ve let the title go unedited this time, solely because it is appropriate in that it actually captures the issue at hand. This was effectively what AFC Wimbledon pleaded guilty to and how the match was pitched by then beforehand.

If you take the vitriol out of the whole thing, then arguably Wimbledon have had the last laugh as the “build it and they will come” hasn’t exactly been fulfilled. Away boycotts notwithstanding the initial buzz has dispelled and a small core of supporters are the only home fans found at the Stadium:MK with any regularity

We were Wimbledon Plan B in the 80s Dave Bassett, two big fast strikers up front, launch it and see what happens, worked on many occasions and was a joy to watch regardless of the bad press. You get found out eventually but teams hated to play against it....who needs a midfield!

And then there’s Pete Winkleman what a little rat.

Got his pants well and truly pulled down over Deli Ali, NO SELL ON CLAUSE PETE, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING..

And then there’s Pete Winkleman what a little rat.

Got his pants well and truly pulled down over Deli Ali, NO SELL ON CLAUSE PETE, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING..

In fairness (unnamed deities forgive me) when he went people were asking what all the fuss was about. Remember when he received and England call-up and people were claiming that Roy Hodgson had totally lost the plot? (Long before he actually did). A sell-on clause would have been laughed at. Had it been put in, in all likelihood Spurs would have paid up early to have it removed - a practice done with regularity at the time.

They paid staggered amounts totalling 5m, both party’s must have had some idea regarding his potential to come to that total figure with appearances.

I’m a qpr fan we sold Sterling to Liverpool for peanuts, but with the 25% sell on clause in there we received 12.25m of the 49m fee Man City payed Liverpool for him.

Nobody knows what they’ve got on there hands until down the line they receive there slice of the pie, in MK Dons case Mr Levy gave them a few quid & will keep every last bit of that pie when Ali moves on one day for what could be something stupid like 100m.

We sold Kyle Walker to Spurs and got some recompense when they sold him to Citee for £54 million!
Watch this space over the closed season for a player called David Brooks. Welsh striker with a big future!

Curtis Davis joined West Brom for £3m before being sold on for £10m. Luton Town had a sell on clause, but West Brom bought it out for a fixed sum beforehand, saving them a fortune.

Interestingly correct me if I’m wrong but it was Kyle Naughton who was the supposed golden boy & better of the two, didn’t walker get loaned straight back to the blades.

Anyway the rest is History one has outdone the other to say the least.

Naughton was two years older and at one point they showed similar talents, Walker though stepped up another level whilst Naughton seems to have plateaued in or around the bottom of Prem or top of Championship

Back