A&H

Rainbow laces - why only for players and not referees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
i'm already guessing at the answer i'll get from CFA, i.e.

- colour clash with referee
- referee's only wear black

mind you, looking at the outfit you're wearing, monkey, you're way ahead of the game as usual

Reactions: SM
Lol thanks mate.

CFA would have a hard time saying no to this sort of campaign as it's a political hot potatoe.

There used to be a chap on here who was pushing a twitter campaign last year for getting sexuality based discrimination out of football.

Called being neutral - in all terms of the definition.

Neural in terms of teams, law, race, sexual preference etc.

Playing Devils Advocate; If it was accepted to show your support for this, would the equal and opposite be allowed for somone to show their support against?

Had a team 2 years ago who did not want minutes silence on Remembrance Sunday - being neutral I accepted this and got on with it. Even though I did my service and personally found it offensive.

Neutral, impartial, equal.

QUOTE="Supermonkey, post: 28830, member: 397"]Supporting homophobic or intolerant bigoted behaviour? :hmmm: Nope.

Knock it on the head HRW please.[/QUOTE]
A bit harsh I think supermonkey :confused:? HRW makes quite a valid point. If players wear laces supporting gay rights, should players be allowed to counter that in another way (ie an armband) that shows support for homophobia. In theory you can't just have one and not the other??

I disagree with the minutes silence. I would've insisted on it and if the other team wanted to do it, it would've been done IMO but I can't speak on behalf of HRW because I wasn't at the match when it happened.

Utter nonsense. Allowed to show intolerance towards others? Have you guys been smoking crack?

Thread closed for fear I start banning people for their incredibly idiotic comments. Seriously. Joking or not, this does not impress me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back