A&H

Rain!!

Abeverley

Hi everyone. First post.

Doing my very fuss match on Sunday. U14 boys. First of the 5.

Weather forecast is not good at all and it’s been raining lots here.
2 questions really

1) how bad would the pitch need to be for he to abandon the match at that level? I’m sure there’ll be puddles on the pitch etc but if it doesn’t present an obvious danger to the players then I’d like to let it go ahead

2) how do you more experienced guys write things down without your paper getting ruined in the rain?

Thanks guys

The Referee Store
Welcome mate.

1) A bit of common sense, if you roll a ball and it stops in a puddle and there is more than one then you've got a decision to make, remember its not the Premier League so a little bit of give, also managers will generally say no matter what the conditions the game should go ahead, make sure its your decision.

2) There is a thread about match cards on here which seem to be the best way, im still using a notepad but need something for the winter months.

Thanks for the reply.
Appreciated.

The rain soaking my pad is my main concern lol. I’ll see if I can get any cards you can write on on amazon prime!

Do you happen to know where they are on amazon? What they’re actually called? I read the thread and someone said they’re on there but can’t see them at all.
Will be too late for Sunday so hopefully it’ll be all good.
Will keep some paper dry in the car and write down everything at half time lol

These: https://www.refsworlduk.co.uk/products/card-skins-1 from the site are good...but only if you have teamsheets and are happy just taking numbers. If you need to take down names, the boxes aren't big enough. There's also nowhere specific to note scores or subs - you can do a score tally along the top of the yellow card, but if you're required to track subs then they're lacking. It's a real shame as they're great in the right context.

I use a sharpie on them by the way.

If there’s puddles I tend to call the game off. There’s safety concerns and insurance won’t cover clubs playing in those conditions

I carry a liitle plastic see through bag just bigger than my match card. The top is cut off. I just slide it out and slide it in. Awesome in driving rain when the shorts/shirt are soaking.

But first, my top tip for bad rain or snow (quite a bit if that here) is to put your card/notes on your back pocket. Much less water damage back there... if you run forwards a bit that is;)

I’ve got my first County Cup game this weekend for U14s (which I cannot wait for) and really hope the conditions don’t ruin the game. Looks like it’s going to be heavy rain but hopefully the pitch will hold up... I also really need some card sheets which I’m gonna try to find to somehow order before Sunday...

Back