A&H

Radio advert

HebburnLee

Not quite 'seen on TV' but a radio ad I've heard daily for guidedogs for the blind. Essentially, a little girl is playing in a match and she calls out to her blind father on the sideline, "I'm going top left, dad." There's a pause, a cheer and the little girl says, "I tricked the goalkeeper, I went bottom right!". Would this not be unsporting behaviour?

The Referee Store
If keepers are allowed to move on their line and point, move around etc. then I don't see how this is any more unsporting. Could perhaps come under verbally deceiving if you really wanted to?

And the goal keeper trusted the kicker that she is going to go top left because that is what she told her dad?

Not unsporting behaviour but she should be grounded for one week for lying to her blind dad.

I've seen it in games where the penalty taker has said to the keeper things like 'I'm going to your left mate, up to you if you want to as well'.

It's all just mind games

If keepers are allowed to move on their line and point, move around etc. then I don't see how this is any more unsporting. Could perhaps come under verbally deceiving if you really wanted to?

With the new addition to law 14 stopping them hitting the crossbar etc, I wonder if we'll see that stamped out in the future?

Except that deceiving an opponent is not a listed USB offences, verbal or not. Are you possibly thinking verbal distraction which is a different case?
Deceiving the referee by simulation is USB though.

Except that deceiving an opponent is not a listed USB offences, verbal or not. Are you possibly thinking verbal distraction which is a different case?
Deceiving the referee by simulation is USB though.

Ah you're right - got my terms muddled! Verbal distraction is a stretch really isn't it

Reactions: one
Ah you're right - got my terms muddled! Verbal distraction is a stretch really isn't it
Especially when it’s not a distraction. A distraction would be ‘look behind you keeper!’.

Reactions: one
Technical double post!!!!

Back