A&H

RA’ and lower levelled referees

Degnann

As incompetent as the last ref
Level 4 Referee
My RA have just released their calender of events for 20/21. Now out of those 12 months I only get to attend 2 regional training days.

now this has me thinking, are all RAs the same?
I hear alot of talk about needing more referees or new referees not sticking around.
It seems to me like more could be done with anyone under (Cat 3) to have them involved.

The Referee Store
To be honest I don’t think this season will be the same as usual. In the last year, I’ve been able to participate in practical sessions at training, and coaching is done at the RA meetings that are 5x per season. But obviously these kind of things aren’t possible just now though.

My RA have just released their calender of events for 20/21. Now out of those 12 months I only get to attend 2 regional training days.

now this has me thinking, are all RAs the same?
I hear alot of talk about needing more referees or new referees not sticking around.
It seems to me like more could be done with anyone under (Cat 3) to have them involved.

Zoom and online have taken over.
Only two, is two more than even 5 years ago.
Between your association meeting, training when it resumes, CSA if you are involved, a Minor Panel again if you are involved, there are plenty paths to be involved

Zoom and online have taken over.
Only two, is two more than even 5 years ago.
Between your association meeting, training when it resumes, CSA if you are involved, a Minor Panel again if you are involved, there are plenty paths to be involved
CSA and Minor Panel? No idea what those are.

CSA and Minor Panel? No idea what those are.

Oh dear....not everything is handed on a platter..some things you need to seek

every Scottish association has a minor grades set up...where referees at minor grades can get development help
Club Academy Scotland....is the senior clubs teams say u13 to u19......your association will have a Club Academy Coordinator.....
All this info is avail from your own ref sec, and, will be on association webpage too...

Back