A&H

Qualifying fixtures

Egg man

Level 5 Referee
I will be putting in for my promotion to L6 next season. Just wanted to ask about qualifying fixtures, can pre season games count towards your 20 ?

The Referee Store
I will be putting in for my promotion to L6 next season. Just wanted to ask about qualifying fixtures, can pre season games count towards your 20 ?

No, only competitive games count. The official FA rule is that 14 of the 20 games (70%) must be open age so you can use some U18 or U17 games (but not younger than that), some counties seem to tweak that percentage slightly.

I take it there is no difference between the mens and Woman's fixtures?

For example if I did 10 league games in the local women's league these would count towards my 20?.

Having said that, it's worth logging all matches including pre-season and youth regardless. There is a little bit of discretion if you end up having your promotion season correspond with a particularly wet winter, and if you only make 18 matches but can also point at 5 pre-season and a handful of youth games as well, you might get lucky. And better to have them logged from the start than scramble to find old records a year later!

Back