A&H

Proposed Law Changes

jwking

FIFA have released the Agenda for 126th International Board meeting to take place in March. There are a few interesting points on the agenda, however Im not sure how many of these will be approved.

One of the main things is a fourth sub maybe used duirng extra time. An interesting idea, however can we make sure its not a defender! Also if a player uses tape on his socks, it has to be the same colour as the sock!

One addition, which I think is a good idea is if a goal is scored direct from a drop ball there is now provision for this.
  • If a dropped ball is kicked directly into the opponents’ goal, a goal kick is awarded
  • If a dropped ball is kicked directly into the teams’ own goal, a corner kick is awarded to the opposing team

FIFA want to remove blatant from the law on hand ball so will now read "deliberately handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession"

There are some other tweaks to the law such as placemat of advertising boards. Also the annual review of goal line tech. I am interested to see if the vanishing spray gets approved. I really cant see what issues there will be with that.

The Referee Store
Just had an interesting response on twitter. Uncontested drop ball, player touches it before hoofing it into the back of the net. What then? Need to be very specific me thinks

I thought that. If its touched someone between the drop ball and entering the goal then my understanding is goal. If they score straight from the Drop Ball then corner/goal kick.

Then again in 19 years still yet to experience one

True, I've not seen a goal from a drop ball in my 15 years. First time for everything I suppose

With regards to the drop ball, we had an FA meeting taken by Dave Allison (Football League Referee Manager) and ha said that this was his idea and it came from an incident in a PNE? game where a player scored (accidentally) from a drop ball, and the ref quickly blew his whistle and said that the ball had not bounced therefore he he to redo the drop ball, therefore saving any awkwardness.

Back