A&H

Promotions - Season Ending 2024

A&H International
How do we tell which refs were picked at the "selection days"?
You can't. Unless you know the ref and they tell you.
Please don't start this narrative again. This thread is for congratulating out colleagues who have worked hard and performed exceptionally across the season, and in some cases went through a very rigorous assessment day from what I have heard.

You can't. Unless you know the ref and they tell you.
Please don't start this narrative again. This thread is for congratulating out colleagues who have worked hard and performed exceptionally across the season, and in some cases went through a very rigorous assessment day from what I have heard.
I have always thought transparency is a good thing.

If there's no agenda why not be open and honest?

I have always thought transparency is a good thing.

If there's no agenda why not be open and honest?
What agenda?
In the south west pool only 4 referees placed 1 2 3 4 were offered a chance at promotion.
1 automatic promotion.
2/4 couldn't attend for various reasons
3rd placed was also promoted.

That's the top performing refs..in times gone by those refs might have all missed out due to club marks with no opportunity to be promoted. This system is way better than what existed before where referees lower placed on the merit table were promoted over other based on club marks.

This is way more transparent than before as truly only the top performing refs get a shot. The assessment day is pretty rigorous which I know a few or our members can attest too.

What you are actually doing is putting a downer on those who have achieved promotion through a hard season and topped it off with a tough selection day claiming some agenda that doesn't exist, in an actually improved system

What agenda?
In the south west pool only 4 referees placed 1 2 3 4 were offered a chance at promotion.
1 automatic promotion.

That's the top performing refs..in times gone by those refs might have all missed out due to club marks with no opportunity to be promoted. This system is way better than what existed before where referees lower placed on the merit table were promoted over other based on club marks.

This is way more transparent than before as truly only the top performing refs get a shot. The assessment day is pretty rigorous which I know a few or our members can attest too.

What you are actually doing is putting a downer on those who have achieved promotion through a hard season and topped it off with a tough selection day claiming some agenda that doesn't exist, in an actually improved system
You know a lot more about this than i do. I hope just the best refs are getting promoted - you say they are so i will take your word for it.

What agenda?
1 automatic promotion.

Well said James! I happened to finish 3rd on the South West Pool and have worked my arse off for the last two seasons to get promoted. Finished 10th last season and 3rd for observers this season, You were right the assessment day was very thorough and rigorous, there is no way you could walk through that if you weren’t good enough! Anyone who has come through that and got promoted gets a massive congratulations from me!
What agenda?
1 automatic promotion.

What you are actually doing is putting a downer on those who have achieved promotion through a hard season and topped it off with a tough selection day claiming some agenda that doesn't exist, in an actually improved

Would anyone be able and willing to share what was involved in the assessment day?

Ste
Fitness test. Failure to pass and you don't take part in the next part of the process.
After the fitness test you do decisions under pressure which involves a running drill and a question to be answered at the end of each drill.
Laws of the game exam.
Clip analysis - take 2 clips to talk about what happened, what referee does well and what the referee could do better. Most people take clips of themselves.
Interview style scenario based questions (for example about discrimination protocol or light failing etc.)

If you went for a promotion at work would you expect the outcome of your application, and the reasons you were or weren't promoted, to be made known to your colleagues?
I see your argument but there's a big difference between employing somebody and promoting volunteers. I think they are chalk and cheese.

As a previous business owner i hired and fired based on what was best for my business.

Well said James! I happened to finish 3rd on the South West Pool and have worked my arse off for the last two seasons to get promoted. Finished 10th last season and 3rd for observers this season, You were right the assessment day was very thorough and rigorous, there is no way you could walk through that if you weren’t good enough! Anyone who has come through that and got promoted gets a massive congratulations from me!
And you get one from me. Congratulations!

I see your argument but there's a big difference between employing somebody and promoting volunteers. I think they are chalk and cheese.

As a previous business owner i hired and fired based on what was best for my business.
Referees are not considered volunteers, especially at this level... We are, in the eyes of HMRC, and the FA, Self-Employed.

5-4
Adeeko Emmanuel Army FA
Akhtar Idrees West Riding FA
Aladelusi Folu Manchester FA
Alderslade Edward Hampshire FA
Alharbi Fares East Riding FA
Amber Thomas Kent FA
Anastasiou Demetri Amateur Football Alliance
Anderson Calum Cheshire FA
Anderson Ka'Mani Leicestershire & Rutland FA
Andrews Chris West Riding FA
Atchison Alex Durham FA
Azizi Admir Birmingham FA
Badcock Jack Huntingdonshire FA
Barlow Richard Cambridgeshire FA
Barnes Michael Sussex FA
Barnett Andrew Cornwall FA
Barrs Jonathan Lincolnshire FA
Batie Liam Durham FA
Beard Byron Kent FA
Bedre Orkan Birmingham FA
Bennett Calum Worcestershire FA
Biddulph Anthony Wiltshire FA
Bird Mark Devon FA
Bradley Stuart Liverpool FA
Bradley Brendan Sussex FA
Bradshaw Edwin Devon FA
Braven Charles Northamptonshire FA
Brierley James Manchester FA
Bright Ben Northamptonshire FA
Brown Gareth Sheffield & Hallamshire FA
Browne Anthony Amateur Football Alliance
Budden Alan Kent FA
Bush Mitchell Kent FA
Bussey Mason Lincolnshire FA
Cahalane Reece Kent FA
Cairney Oliver North Riding FA
Cairns Hope Durham FA
Calvert Ryan Lincolnshire FA
Cash Gary Hampshire FA
Chafe Billy Hampshire FA
Channing Brian Hampshire FA
Chaplin Isabel Suffolk FA
Chaykin Phillip London FA
Chirnside Lewis Durham FA
Christodoulou Ioannis Oxfordshire FA
Claytor James Worcestershire FA
Clifford Stephen Durham FA
Coutts Scott Cornwall FA
Cowell Harry London FA
Cox Peter Hampshire FA
Crockett Joe Hampshire FA
Crookes James Northumberland FA
Croser Adam Army FA
Dauber Martin Durham FA
Davies Rodney Amateur Football Alliance
Davies Max Cornwall FA
Day James Lincolnshire FA
Dickens Grace Wiltshire FA
Dobing Jarrod Suffolk FA
Doherty Spencer Lancashire FA
Douse Ashley Hampshire FA
Dowell Scott Cheshire FA
Duffy Anthony North Riding FA
Dyson Adrian West Riding FA
Ellis Craig Norfolk FA
England Dale Cornwall FA
Fang Zheng Bedfordshire FA
Farrington Gavin Kent FA
Ferguson Luc Dorset FA
Findlay-Geer Christopher Sussex FA
Fish Hugh Lancashire FA
Flaherty Tara West Riding FA
Fogden Tom Hertfordshire FA
Forrester Daniel Somerset FA
Fox Adam Essex FA
Gallagher Ciaran Cheshire FA
Gasson-Cox Samuel Norfolk FA
Gillespie Ayden Kent FA
Girdlestone Chris Hertfordshire FA
Goodman Richard Durham FA
Graham Christopher Manchester FA
Graves Richard RAF FA
Green Corey Nottinghamshire FA
Greenleaf Joseph Essex FA
Griffin Dasa Bedfordshire FA
Griffiths Craig Surrey FA
Gudger Simon Worcestershire FA
Gustafsson Chris London FA
Halloway Thomas Sheffield & Hallamshire FA
Hancock Christopher Devon FA
Harrison Simon Manchester FA
Harvey Henry Suffolk FA
Hawkins Scott Norfolk FA
Headington Oliver Essex FA
Heath Jack London FA
Hetherington Ryan Army FA
Hill Michael London FA
Holden Bryan Cornwall FA
Horn Stewart Huntingdonshire FA
Humphreys David Liverpool FA
Hunter Simon Sheffield & Hallamshire FA
Hunter Jodie West Riding FA
Hussain Jahnagir Manchester FA
Isherwood Jermaine West Riding FA
Isik Ismail Kent FA
James Luis Staffordshire FA
Jarvis Lee Essex FA
Jones Michael Kent FA
Jones Junior Lincolnshire FA
Jukes Mitchell Kent FA
Kain Adam Northumberland FA
Keil Oliver Hertfordshire FA
Khan Danish Sheffield & Hallamshire FA
Kiely Paul Birmingham FA
King Ian Devon FA
Knight Connor Cambridgeshire FA
Lacis Eduards Leicestershire & Rutland FA
Lajarige Elliot Sheffield & Hallamshire FA
Lane David Birmingham FA
Langley Scott Amateur Football Alliance
Lepper Benjamin Sheffield & Hallamshire FA
Lewis Tim Derbyshire FA
Linter Robert Hampshire FA
Lockwood Jordan Lancashire FA
Logue Zak Northumberland FA
Love Neil Birmingham FA
Ludgate Reuben Devon FA
Luongo Giorgio West Riding FA
MacKenzie Cameron Manchester FA
Maddern Will Birmingham FA
Mallows Stuart Staffordshire FA
Maloney Michael Devon FA
Excellent to see a couple of 5's I've worked with this year deservedly get promoted to 4!!

Seems to be an abundance of 4's though so not sure how many games people should be expecting to get next year.

Apparently they are merging the two levels into one so all 2As will be able to referee EFL1/2 matches as well. Not 100% sure though
I think the current structure is how it should be because it’s a big jump from L2B to 2A and another big jump from L2A to 1. However, to a certain extent I could see it happening, with almost all of National League Prem being full time and would perhaps provide some flexibility in availability etc to EFL - especially when all those involved including Observers etc are all part of PGMOL.

I think the current structure is how it should be because it’s a big jump from L2B to 2A and another big jump from L2A to 1. However, to a certain extent I could see it happening, with almost all of National League Prem being full time and would perhaps provide some flexibility in availability etc to EFL - especially when all those involved including Observers etc are all part of PGMOL.
I agree the current structure would work better imo, although it doesn’t bother me either way as the officials are all perfectly capable!

i suspect they're hoping / expecting many 4s fail the fitness test

otherwise certainly seems like they'll have too many...
Can't imagine many will fail, I found it much easier than the Cooper test. I did hear that they were looking at changing it for next season to make it harder.

Can't imagine many will fail, I found it much easier than the Cooper test. I did hear that they were looking at changing it for next season to make it harder.
They have changed the sprint to 40m in 6.2s using the timing gates.

They have changed the sprint to 40m in 6.2s using the timing gates.
Maybe my test was full of particularly fit people but most were well under 6 with some even trying to manage under 5. Doesn't seem necessarily a super high bar. Only person who didn't manage because they pulled a hammy

Back