A&H

Promotion Results

Quick question - what's the normal turn around time between the end of the promotion season and refs finding out whether they've been successful? I applied for 6-5 over the 2016/17 season (finishing end of Feb) and still haven't heard anything back. Is this to be expected, or should I assume the worst?

The Referee Store
Quick question - what's the normal turn around time between the end of the promotion season and refs finding out whether they've been successful? I applied for 6-5 over the 2016/17 season (finishing end of Feb) and still haven't heard anything back. Is this to be expected, or should I assume the worst?
Don't assume anything. They'll tell you if you haven't been successful.

Just hold on, or ring your RDO. They'll be able to give you information when the letters will be sent out.

I'm in the same boat too, Adam. Still waiting ...
Last year my promotion letter was dated April 1st and I was hoping for a notification by now but, I'm not assuming the worst just yet.

7-6 is mostly decided mostly by your district FA whereas 6-5 by your county FA. Hence differences in your experience. Best speaking to the county fa rdo. He will at least be able to tell you when the committee meeting will be to decide.
Edit: although final decision for both is county, I think.

I am waiting on the FA to decide the L4 promotions for this season... longestbwait of my life

I might be wrong, but I think we're the only County that is still split into District FAs.
You are wrong. Take that from the Secretary of the Heavy Woollen District FA which is the oldest one within West Riding County FA.

And the County FA decide if 7->6 promotions are successful., not Districts.

And the County FA decide if 7->6 promotions are successful., not Districts.
Although county FA make the final decision I was lead to believe that district fa had a greater input than at 6-5, which was the point I was making. I could be wrong but I am certain that is what I was told.

Does anyone know the date of the level 4's being announced by the FA?
Last year it was on May 9th, although I think the marking season was extended slightly last year due to weather (so I've heard). I'd expect it to be slightly earlier this year.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the date of the level 4's being announced by the FA?

Last year it was on May 1st, although I think the marking season was extended slightly last year due to weather (so I've heard). I'd expect it to be slightly earlier this year.

Last season the committe meeting was held on the 28th April. I got my email to advise not promoted on 9th May.

Marking seasons were extended last yeat due to weather but I dont think that impacted the timelines as the demotions and promotions of existing referees L4 and above need to be determined before new L4s can be decided.

I read in another thread that the committe meeting is scheduled for 24th April therefore I would expect decisions to be announced late April, early May.

Yep, it was 9th May for the FA comms last season, but this was 2 weeks late I seem to recall owing to some reason I can't remember. I would expect to have heard by the end of April.

I turn 16 on the summer and will have qualified by then so will I jump from 8-7 straight away? (Won't necessarily do open age straight away!)

I turn 16 on the summer and will have qualified by then so will I jump from 8-7 straight away? (Won't necessarily do open age straight away!)
Yeah on your 16th birthday you're automatically a level 7

Yeah, I know the nominations have gone in, now its just a case of waiting to hear from the FA, which by the sounds of it could be anytime within the next month.
The double jump must be rare though. I know this is a bit negative but let's say for whatever reason you don't make the double jump, will you still get from level 6-5?

Back