A&H

Problem with Manager

Harey

Hi,

Sorry, this is probably not as rare as I think, but in my first season, today was my first occurrence.

My sons U14 teams game was called off, however it was able to still go ahead at the last minute as a nearby 3G pitch was available. However the referee was no longer available, so they asked me late on to cover. I introduced myself to the away team on arrival, and made it clear I was a stand-in. Anyway, I got constant dissent from the away manager on every decision, and a fair few comments of "we know your colour". At the first point I had a word, and made it clear I was refereeing the game neutrally and it had to stop. But it didn't stop, so late in the second half I YC him.

At the end, they made a real issue of it, asking if I knew the team, which of course I confirmed. He also claimed I hadn't said anything on arrival, which would be odd given all his match comments. The assistant manager implied it was going to be reported.

Sorry, being new to all this. What does this mean? And what happens next?

Cheers
Chris

The Referee Store
If you yellow carded the manager you need to report that, do you know how?

Regarding their threat to report you, ignore that. Chances are they won't bother and even if they do, absolutely nothing will come from it.

You absolutely did the right thing taking action against the manager.

Totally did the right thing taking action against the manager of an u14s team behaving in such a way ( and any team ) . I'm not sure how you would report it as I've never had to caution managers ( yet ) .

I ref youth football and managers/spectators sometimes ruin the game imo and given you had constant dissent from the manager it was probably the same in your game. Most of the time the players accept the decision and just want to play football.

Report the caution through WGS. Well done for stepping up to ref the game today. Shame that these ****s are involved in youth football.

I reffed my son for 2-3 years, I got more grief off my own parents for NOT being a homer... Go figure! And well done! 👍

Thanks all, appreciated. Yes, we were briefed on the WGS during the course, and I have previously logged in.
It is a real shame, as the kids wanted to play and the 3G pitch came available. I was hardly going to say no to refereeing given the circumstances.
I gave 2 penalties, both clear cut, one to each team, so feels like sour grapes.

Reactions: es1
Back