A&H

Pre match

The Referee Store
Not written but:

Start from the defending goal line;

What can happen on the goal line (GK or corner, goal in or out), what do you want them to do (signal, hand to signal, leave it to you if not sure, how and when to signal - get into the corner before your flag, not flag for GK when still on the edge of the PA), which area is yours, theirs etc, flag in what position.

From goal line to 6yd - what can happens, what you will do and what you want from them.

Then to PA, attacking, defending third, middle third and centre circle, attacking third. Whick bits are yours, are theirs, and to signal and confirm first, area of credability (cringe).

Then go side to side - benches, subs, throw ins (hands and feet), other side and finally match recording. Snr does and notes, junior notes.

We are all referees so apply what you know. Unsure - let me decide. No suprises, if im not giving it then you don't. I might overule you - you are to asist not insist and LOOK to see if I'm playing an advantage.

Watch the play - see the incident, decide it's a foul, look at me, flag if appropriate.

And don;t forget - I'd rather you be looking at the offside that I can NOT see, as opposed to us both looking at a clip of heels that we can BOTH see. Concentrate on the OS.

And Enjoy it - we're being paid to have fun!

This is what I use, made it myself. Feel free to ask me to clarify any points if needed. I've got one for when you have a 4th as well if needed.

Attachments

• ar instructions.pdf
    97.2 KB · Views: 90
childhood memories...

(for you kids who have never seen the goonies and didn't get the reference...)

Back