A&H

Potentially not Happy with Paul Tierney...

Steve C

The Unfit one!
Heard on Gillette SS that Tierney has sent off Simon Francis for a 2nd yellow for a 50/50 and then gave a pen that wasnt a pen... and playing 7 minutes added time when there was meant to be 4... if I see that these are all refereeing errors then I really will not be happy.

The Referee Store
Just driving Paul back to Sheffield....he says that he nailed those decisions and wishes little Bournemouth well for the rest of the season

I did argue that calling them 'little' was a tad harsh but, when he pointed out their gates for this season, I could see his point ;)

p.s. bbc final score guys said definite pen and they rarely get it wrong :confused:

Last edited:
Ah ok, i heard the SSN people say 'no' when discussing it so it may have been 'no doubt' but im not sure, hence the potentially

Heard on Gillette SS that Tierney has sent off Simon Francis for a 2nd yellow for a 50/50 and then gave a pen that wasnt a pen... and playing 7 minutes added time when there was meant to be 4... if I see that these are all refereeing errors then I really will not be happy.
Gillette SS people are not qualified match officials. Gillette SS people didn't have the angle and one-off look that the referee had. The time indicated at the end of each half is a minimum and can be added to if necessary.

I saw Paul Tierney earlier this season. He cautioned 2 players for simulation when in real time from 40 yards away both looked like stonewall penalties. Replays later showed his decisions were correct. I understand he is in line for at least a part time PGMOL contract next season.

@Steve C - if nothing else, nobody can say you are not passionate about Bournemouth fc. :D

I was a bit sad, Bournemouth was a part of an accumulator which went south with the last minute equaliser :( all the other teams came in of course.

Sorry SM :/ But thank you haha :p yeah i know Brian, hence the potentially, the way it got portrayed was it was a poor decision but i still havent seen it! Haha!

Monkey, if you want some inside information, i hear that liverpool aren't very good :confused:

Pity about the balotelli 'goal' mind

That link is down for maintenance.

I have never bet on anything to do with welsh football. That is the only restriction in place at my level, it is only higher levels who are totally not allowed to bet at all on any football.

English and European football are fine. Especially as I never win anything.

That link is down for maintenance.

I have never bet on anything to do with welsh football. That is the only restriction in place at my level, it is only higher levels who are totally not allowed to bet at all on any football.

English and European football are fine. Especially as I never win anything.
It only affects above a certain level in England too. Below that level it only affects betting on games in which the person is directly involved.

As regards to the stoppage time, my understanding is that it would be a "minimum" of 4 minutes, and if there are any stoppages within that allotted time, its added on which could quite easily take it to 7 minutes

Both were stonewall penalties. The decision not to give the Bournemouth one was a poor decision.
He got the sending off right as well.

Back