A&H

Potential consequences of refereeing a non-affiliated team

Ref253

I found out after my U18 match yesterday, which was assigned to me by my league, that one of the teams was not yet affiliated. This means that I am unable to create a fixture, so I cannot record cautions or file an extraordinary report on the match. I have e-mailed the League Secretary and spoken with my local FA, so that side of things is being dealt with.

Looking at the bigger picture, are there any potential consequences of refereeing a non-affiliated team?

The Referee Store
I found out after my U18 match yesterday, which was assigned to me by my league, that one of the teams was not yet affiliated. This means that I am unable to create a fixture, so I cannot record cautions or file an extraordinary report on the match. I have e-mailed the League Secretary and spoken with my local FA, so that side of things is being dealt with.

Looking at the bigger picture, are there any potential consequences of refereeing a non-affiliated team?
If it's a league fixture then I would say that pretty much absolves you of any blame - the league on the other hand might have some trouble with the CFA if they're allowing teams to play before the clubs have affiliated!

Potential consequences for refereeing an unsanctioned fixture could end up being anything from a quiet word of advice to a formal charge and suspension.

I would copy my referee sec into the email too.

I'd say not.

It's not your responsibility to act as an administrator and carry out checks on behalf of the league or club involved. If you're appointed to the game, then your ar5e is covered. 👍

If it was a friendly you could be in hot water, but as Alex has said it will be the league that are facing some difficult questions here.

I agree with what has already been said. You were assigned the fixture by the league so not your fault or responsibility in any way.

Potential consequences for refereeing an unsanctioned fixture could end up being anything from a quiet word of advice to a formal charge and suspension.

Also, insurance won't cover you if anything happens apparently.

Fairly surprised the league would do such a thing.

Back