A&H

Possible extraordinary report?

Dave87

HI all,

I had a match recently which i would like your views on.

During the game I had a player who was consistently questioning my decisions and after using the stepped approach I cautioned the player. Later on in the match he challenged another of my decisions in which I reminded him that he had already been cautioned and that it would not be advisable for him to continue.

After the match and while still on the FOP the player approached me and asks several times if I had cautioned him because of his skin colour and each time I responded no.

A couple of questions have been bugging me.

1) is it misconduct?
2) how would I report it on WGS.

I look forward to the responses

The Referee Store
Imo you should of sent him off.

I don't know what you can do now because you didn't.

Chalk it down to experience and next time do it?

Second yellow an off ........skin colour is irrelevant ............been warned ...continued in the same way .....goodbye !

Once you are giving the caution for dissent, my speech is simple (in front of captain) "anything more after this, it's another caution, you're gone. Captain Do you think your player has the common sense to keep his mouth shut? help me here before I have to send him off".

A good captain either gets him hooked off or boll*cks him. Whatever happens after this is on the captain.

Last edited:
Once you are giving the caution for dissent, my speech is simple (in front of captain) "anything more after this, it's another caution, you're gone. Captain Do you think your player has the common sense to keep his mouth shut? help me here before I have to send him off".

A good captain either gets him hooked off or boll*cks him. Whatever happens after this is on the captain.

Which is spot on.

What about the after the game approach on the FOP?

Same as said. No, grow up mate, you were warned and kept it up with the verbals and earned your caution for dissent - captain/coach - serously, have a word. any more and he gets a misconduct report.

If he if dumb enough to carry on, report it. Job done.

No second caution on the pitch - unless he crosses the line and earns an OFFINABUS red of course.

Back