A&H

Player's behaviour

ref craig

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
I don't know if it's just me but has player's behaviour with COVID period being on and off changed as so far I've had over a dozen yellows and 6 sending offs and 1 extro ordinary report plus a couple of sin bins

The Referee Store
Seems better behaved to me at the moment, but in fairness, in Wales we didn't have any football on at all bar the top tier(s).

Player behaviour has been atrocious since the return. Except elite level there was no football in Ireland since 2020 where it returned for a month then got cancelled again. Referee attacks, mass brawls etc all breaking out nearly every weekend. Countless reports having to be filed. More red cards in the last 2 months than I can ever remember giving in my years refereeing pre Covid.

Stick to your guns, it's not you it's them.

Player behaviour has been atrocious since the return. Except elite level there was no football in Ireland since 2020 where it returned for a month then got cancelled again. Referee attacks, mass brawls etc all breaking out nearly every weekend. Countless reports having to be filed. More red cards in the last 2 months than I can ever remember giving in my years refereeing pre Covid.

Stick to your guns, it's not you it's them.
Cheers mate least I know it's not just me yeah I agree that nearly every weekend since I had my first middle 5 weekends that player's behaviour has been atrocious

My first couple of games at the start of the season resulted in numerous yellows and reds but in the last 3 games I've had a total of 1 yellow. All depends on the matches and teams I suppose.

Broadly speaking I would have said behaviour is better this season. People seem happy just to be back and playing, and seem unimpressed with teammates who waste time with non-football nonsense like dissent and handbags with opponents. I've seen more effective policing of teammates in my 4 games this season than I have in years going up to now.

Broadly speaking I would have said behaviour is better this season. People seem happy just to be back and playing, and seem unimpressed with teammates who waste time with non-football nonsense like dissent and handbags with opponents. I've seen more effective policing of teammates in my 4 games this season than I have in years going up to now.

Not done many Sunday Leagues since I moved to Bristol but the player behaviour has been impeccable. Literally no dissent.they have been 10-0 and 12-2 which helps but they were like reffing u9s. Hopefully it continues that way

Not done many Sunday Leagues since I moved to Bristol but the player behaviour has been impeccable. Literally no dissent.they have been 10-0 and 12-2 which helps but they were like reffing u9s. Hopefully it continues that way
Would that have anything to do with the quality of refereeing?

I've observed 2 7-6 candidates recently.

Both games competitive and played in a good spirit. No cards in either game and neither referee was ever close to being challenged.

I've had 2 sin bins for dissent so far this season in games I've done.

Maybe it's this "amplifier effect" where when something happens, it immediately hits social media and then others come out of the woodwork. The 99.9% of instances where there is no issue don't get reported.

Would that have anything to do with the quality of refereeing?

I'd like to say yes but there has been very little to do. Suppose I didn't get anything wrong. The losing teams just seemed completely focused on their own problems as opposed to blaming blaming ref. The ref would've been the best player on their team ;)

Back