A&H

Player 1 makes an attempt to slide tackle player 2.

newref

Hey guys. I‘ve got one for you ref legends:-Player 1 makes an attempt to slide tackle player 2. However he doesn’t get the ball and Player 2 jumps over player 1’s sliding tackle to avoid being hurt and then loses balance and drops to the floor. Do you blow for a foul OR due to their being no contact between the players do you play on? Can anyone answer this according to the laws?

The Referee Store
Hey guys. I‘ve got one for you ref legends:-Player 1 makes an attempt to slide tackle player 2. However he doesn’t get the ball and Player 2 jumps over player 1’s sliding tackle to avoid being hurt and then loses balance and drops to the floor. Do you blow for a foul OR due to their being no contact between the players do you play on? Can anyone answer this according to the laws?
Player 1 is playing in a dangerous manner. The sanction is an IFK.

Player 1 is playing in a dangerous manner. The sanction is an IFK.
Got to say that if the player is having to take such drastic evasive action, it sounds more like an attempt to trip and that it was done recklessly. So a DFK and strong consideration for the issue of a caution.

Sounds to me DFK as a minimum. Ask yourself what would have happened had he not hurdled it, and if the answer would be a foul then next question is should the attacker have been forced to take such evasive action. The answer to the second can only be no, so then you need to ask yourself was the challenge careless, reckless, or did it use excessive force.

Back