A&H

PL debut

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
269E1788-FAD8-406A-B1C0-92E4319A7D10.jpeg

REF WATCH | Robert Jones will make his Premier League refereeing debut at the weekend when he takes charge of the Blades at Brighton. The Merseyside official oversaw three United games in the Champ last season, most recently our 4-0 win vs Reading. Not a ref ive come across before, any good??

The Referee Store
May have imagined this as I don’t pay too much attention to the EPL but pretty sure another ref made their debut in the top flight last week. Vague recollections of one of the managers whinging about it as if they’d just plucked some bloke from the street and handed him a whistle. Burnley-Newcastle maybe? Absolute clash of the titans stuff.

Best of luck to him.

May have imagined this as I don’t pay too much attention to the EPL but pretty sure another ref made their debut in the top flight last week. Vague recollections of one of the managers whinging about it as if they’d just plucked some bloke from the street and handed him a whistle. Burnley-Newcastle maybe? Absolute clash of the titans stuff.

Best of luck to him.
Tim Robinson
An afternoon to remember (and forget)

I'm a really big fan of Rob Jones, seen him on lots of live games and he has always been very good. Very surprised that others such as Coote, Robinson and even Madley got the nod ahead of him, but pleased to see he has made it now.

Watched a good chunk of the game and Rob Jones did very well, got the three disallowed goals to contend with and a correct yellow card for a Brighton dive near the end...Well done.... No complaints from what I saw!!!

Back