A&H

Pitch Invasions - ruining it for their OWN players!!

Bombedcoma

Really disagree with all these pitch invasions. But watch ng Man City made me think.... the players didn't get the chance to have 'their moment' an celebrate when the whistle went. yes they lifted the trophy etc but one of the best feelings is right after the whistle celebrating with your team mates. It was ruined for them but their own fans.

We keep hearing 'football is for the fans' but its the players who compete for it. Really hope this madness stops. If I had my way they would bring in point deductions.

The Referee Store
Really disagree with all these pitch invasions. But watch ng Man City made me think.... the players didn't get the chance to have 'their moment' an celebrate when the whistle went. yes they lifted the trophy etc but one of the best feelings is right after the whistle celebrating with your team mates. It was ruined for them but their own fans.

We keep hearing 'football is for the fans' but its the players who compete for it. Really hope this madness stops. If I had my way they would bring in point deductions.
Point deductions would be problematic - never enough police/stewards to keep 1000+ idiots off the f. o. p. so opposing teams' fans would run on in an attempt to get the home club a deduction.
Arrests and banning orders would be a good start😀

It could be a terrible situation if a referee has made a big decision in the game which the fans have disagreed with. There is a good chance they would be mobbed and I dread to think what could happen. They really need to stop this now and put something in place as a deterrent for next season.

Mike Parry today on radio said points deductions, even if it meant say, Everton going down, or costing City the league yesterday
The next caller on the show was a random family guy, decent sounding blokr, but he said it was fine for him and Forest fans as ' they dont get much success'

Easy to identify folk, start with 100, say, you were on the pitch, this is you, £500 fine

Drugs seem to be a big player too, folk who might not go on the pitch without being under the influence.

It needs drastic action. Fining the club is pointless, even if you fine them millions it is a drop in the ocean. In theory it is easy to identify those on the pitch, but when you have thousands like we are seeing it would become a real drain on police resources and there would be a big argument that it isn't a good use of police time. Also doesn't work at lower levels where there is standing or unallocated seating.

So I think you have to incentivise the clubs and spectators to prevent it from happening. Suggested it on another topic, but if it happens on the last game of the season your first three home games of the next season will be played with just away supporters allowed in. If it happens in a cup or play-off semi-final you lose 50% of your cup final ticket allocation and they instead get allocated to neutrals. If this was in place you would see clubs start to make more interest in keeping spectators off of the pitch, including using the collapsible barriers they have at Wembley (like in the image below).

1653323046515.png

It needs drastic action. Fining the club is pointless, even if you fine them millions it is a drop in the ocean. In theory it is easy to identify those on the pitch, but when you have thousands like we are seeing it would become a real drain on police resources and there would be a big argument that it isn't a good use of police time. Also doesn't work at lower levels where there is standing or unallocated seating.

So I think you have to incentivise the clubs and spectators to prevent it from happening. Suggested it on another topic, but if it happens on the last game of the season your first three home games of the next season will be played with just away supporters allowed in. If it happens in a cup or play-off semi-final you lose 50% of your cup final ticket allocation and they instead get allocated to neutrals. If this was in place you would see clubs start to make more interest in keeping spectators off of the pitch, including using the collapsible barriers they have at Wembley (like in the image below).

View attachment 5688

The barriers were mentioned on radio today, obvious issue is the space needed, Wembely has the room but guessing 3/4 of the clubs dont.

Such a shame that we are talking about barriers etc (right so in my opinion as somebody is going to get seriously hurt or worse soon in a football ground). We are going backwards in a sport and I never thought I'd say that following the success we've had in combating many issues at football grounds. It's grim.

There is no way of preventing, only deterring. You can’t have 1-2-1 police/stewards to fans, so technology is the answer.

Anyone who buys a ticket has to provide photographic ID which is stored on a database. The club then uses AI and facial recognition technology to identify the fans on the FOP.

This way they can do it at mass scale, also, they can associate specific fans with specific seats and if the face doesn’t match the seat, then the owner of that seat is then classed as responsible.

For the first offence it’s a 6 month ban unless is aggravated, then doubles every time. Once the first lot of bans spit out the system, people will think twice before setting foot on the pitch.

After Hillsborough, I seem to recall that perimeter fences were torn down around many if not all big grounds. The trouble is, the problem that they were originally in place to prevent has now begun to reappear. I'm not sure what the answer is but one needs to be found, especially since the problem now looks set to escalate and become common place.

Anyone who buys a ticket has to provide photographic ID which is stored on a database. The club then uses AI and facial recognition technology to identify the fans on the FOP.

This way they can do it at mass scale, also, they can associate specific fans with specific seats and if the face doesn’t match the seat, then the owner of that seat is then classed as responsible.
Ticket touts are coming for you fella

Here's a question....
What happens if, at 2-1, the officials run off, blow FT and then while the officials are bolting for the sheds, fans are flooding the pitch, and VAR says 'I recommend an onfield review for a penalty'.

Seems problematic.

Here's a question....
What happens if, at 2-1, the officials run off, blow FT and then while the officials are bolting for the sheds, fans are flooding the pitch, and VAR says 'I recommend an onfield review for a penalty'.

Seems problematic.

Use common sense and not run off, communicate.
" ref, potental pen for us/u to look at", keep playing for now

Use common sense and not run off, communicate.
" ref, potental pen for us/u to look at", keep playing for now
Keep playing? So if it takes the VAR 2 minutes to decided an on-field review is needed, that's 2 extra minutes of extremely contentious play above what you would normally play? And if you then don't decide an OFR is required but a goal has been scored in that time, you've artificially given them more time than is fair. This doesn't feel like the perfect solution.

Keep playing? So if it takes the VAR 2 minutes to decided an on-field review is needed, that's 2 extra minutes of extremely contentious play above what you would normally play? And if you then don't decide an OFR is required but a goal has been scored in that time, you've artificially given them more time than is fair. This doesn't feel like the perfect solution.
Just find an excuse to stop play if time runs out

Back