A&H

Payment into bank account

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Have done about a dozen games in this truncated season and most clubs still seem to prefer by cash. Had only 2 where bank transfer has been used. The first one the referee had to chase payment and I've not been paid for Saturday finals yet. Sent two emails, plus the one giving my bank details and had zero response.

Its not the money per se, but the lack of care/interest/respect shown.

Have I just been unlucky?

The Referee Store
Have done about a dozen games in this truncated season and most clubs still seem to prefer by cash. Had only 2 where bank transfer has been used. The first one the referee had to chase payment and I've not been paid for Saturday finals yet. Sent two emails, plus the one giving my bank details and had zero response.

Its not the money per se, but the lack of care/interest/respect shown.

Have I just been unlucky?
Has no issues at all with any BACS payments last season. Did a friendly on Saturday and it was cash. Happy to accept either really but agree with your point.

As it's a final, is it a league or County that are paying? They tend to take a little longer as it will go to finance who'll then authorise where as a sec/treasurer of a club already has the auth to hit the pay button?

We've had a previous thread on this which was... interesting... I'd recommend reading it.

I personally prefer cash for the reasons you've stated. Waiting, having to chase etc.

Despite never having to I always say allow 72 hours at most. At that point I'd be going to the FA and reporting a non payment.

We've had a previous thread on this which was... interesting... I'd recommend reading it.

I personally prefer cash for the reasons you've stated. Waiting, having to chase etc.

Despite never having to I always say allow 72 hours at most. At that point I'd be going to the FA and reporting a non payment.

Yep, This one. ;)

Like many, just for the simplicity and finality of it, I always prefer payment in cash. :cool:

One team who i reffed regularly in Sheffield (it's a Sat AM league where each team sources their own ref) used to pay by bank transfer before kick off which was great. Only time I've not been paid straight away was when I turned up for a top of the table 1st division Sunday League game in Sheffield to find nobody there. It had been cancelled the day before due to a waterlogged pitch (which was perfectly fit) and nobody had thought to tell the ref. I contacted the league who agreed to pay me and take the fee from the home club. This took about a month and me chasing 3 times before I recieved it and then never reffed in that league again.

Thanks all.

Did the finals Saturday, no acknowledgement of bank details sent on the morning of the games, no reply to two further emails.

Giving it until tomorrow, 1 more text chase and then think I will go to County FA.

Take on board what James said, but original email said those who had refereed for the league before would be paid by "Monday morning or earlier" . Now it WAS my first time for this league but to receive no reply and therefore no timescale as to when I might get paid is just bad practice/manners I think.

Thanks all.

Did the finals Saturday, no acknowledgement of bank details sent on the morning of the games, no reply to two further emails.

Giving it until tomorrow, 1 more text chase and then think I will go to County FA.

Take on board what James said, but original email said those who had refereed for the league before would be paid by "Monday morning or earlier" . Now it WAS my first time for this league but to receive no reply and therefore no timescale as to when I might get paid is just bad practice/manners I think.
Word on the grapevine (just up the road in Bushey), was 'they want you to pay them for that performance'!

Update - other officials not paid yet and I'm doing 2 more finals for them on Saturday now as well!

Will have a few quid owing to me by tomorrow evening!

Another update. Met the secretary of the league in person before my 2 finals yesterday and she assured me the money would be sorted out.
Bizarrely on Friday afternoon I received 50% of last Saturday's fee. On my way out yesterday I gave her a light hearted reminder about the money!

On the games themselves - surprising how mentally tough doing 2 finals - good quality both - can be. I was in the middle for the U15s and line for the U16s.

Couple of things I might have done better for the middle. Game didn't get off to a good start as both teams turned up in red. They had spotted that before I arrived and a parent was sent to buy 15 white shirts. We kicked off with 1 team in bibs and after 10 mins the shirts arrived.

U16s was faster and more physical, big help (to us both) was that one of my Ars for the U15s was the ref for the final.

Enjoyable afternoon all in all!

Back