A&H

Over Aggressive Refereeing

The Referee Store
I’ve got one colleague a bit like this. He was AR and I ask them not to get into long debates with players. 10 mins in and he’s on the field, in the box, standing over a prone player, shouting and pointing.

It’s funny once. But in a 3 (or two in futsal) not so much. We have a system where you can sell/trade games. His name is often on there because the other officials don’t want to have to put up with it :(

Is there something in the gatorade over there? For the life of me I can't figure out what the 4 players at the start are all getting cranky at each other about...but yeah, this ref has a definite attitude problem. The getting in the face and eyeballing the player is a worry.

If its not a set up then total guess, the ref feels the need to compensate for his , erm, aging years, by over doing it on the authority

Watched this the other day as it popped up as a suggested video on YouTube

It does look fake to me, and like he's trying to copy Collina a bit

colina was the best referee on the planet, he never behaved like that
Hmm.

Collina was very aggressive. He would get in players faces, eyeball them, even push them.
At least Collina was always in control - this guy isn't, and the way he's responding to any perceived slight behind him isn't a good look.
With Collina, you at least got the sense that he just read individual situations and players and picked the one technique that shut them up....though why Collina is one of the world's finest referees, in a lot of ways he was also a demonstration of how not to referee.

That top the ref is wearing was the same as my first refereeing shirt. Too agresive for me.

Back