A&H

Orient v Northampton

The Referee Store
What the clip doesn't show, is a poor PK decision (if I recall correctly). This ultimately led to the MC
Not as bad as the Boro tear up last night however

What the clip doesn't show, is a poor PK decision (if I recall correctly).
Yeah... looks like the defender who was penalised for handball got a shove in the back. Black 16 and Red 10 still laggy with each other before its taken.

Not as bad as the Boro tear up last night however
Looks like a shocker of a challenge by the Birmingham player that goes unpunished that sparks it, but not seen any decent angles - was it?

Yeah... looks like the defender who was penalised for handball got a shove in the back. Black 16 and Red 10 still laggy with each other before its taken.

Looks like a shocker of a challenge by the Birmingham player that goes unpunished that sparks it, but not seen any decent angles - was it?
Didn't see the challenge. Just the aftermath

Unfortunately it looks poor from the referee. He is passive and doesn't anticipate the handbags from going for the ball in the net.

Late in the game, close game... the referee should get close to the goal in case players start to fight over the ball.
I also hope the red player that initially grabbed the ball got a YC for delay of game ;)

Only two reds from that lot or was there more?

Didn't see the challenge. Just the aftermath.
The player was knocked spark out unconscious by a shoulder to the side of the head. It looked so bad that the Middlesbrough medical team were already sprinting onto the field before the referee had blown, according to some reports. It also led to a bit of handbags in the technical area with a team official from each side shown the red card.
I'm not sure - the Boro player was stumbling slightly into the challenge but it was certainly a nasty collision and I think it did look as if the defender was leading with the shoulder in order to block the forward. Difficult to tell if it was really an intentional blow aimed for the head though.

Last edited:
Back